Forums  ›  RetroRoms  ›  Broken ROM Reports

using mame32 roms on mameUI64???

Hi guys. Just joined the forum. I grew up with a fairground in my hometown so as you can guess grew up playing all the amazing arcade games right through the 80s and early 90s. I got mame32 in 2004 when I was using Windows XP. All the ROMS worked as well (believe it or not). I installed this on Windows 10 and it comes up with some runtime error shit?? So I then found mameUI64 which worked great but I used all the roms from mame32. Now, some of the games work but a lot of my favourites (all time classics) now don't work. Help me please?????? Thanks in advance

delete MAME_g.ini and mameui.ini to fix runtime update your outdated roms

how do I update the roms?

i have deleted mameui.ini. where do I find MAME_g.ini? same place as mameui.ini?

I managed to get a full set of updated 0.850 roms for the mameUI64 I've got. 60GB and over 38,000 roms. It covers over 13,000 games and has all the variations of each one. Amazing.

There is no differences between x32 and x64 -> they are the same roms. Only the Emulator is different ...

try to use a ROMManager for rebuilding your set to 0.189.

Updating your set und maybe answering some other question -> try my guide at mameguide.info

His "mame32" romset was from 2004, so it was seriously outdated.
He now has 0.185, probably got it from the archive.

If he just wants to play I'd recommend to use the MameUI 0.185 executable. If he wants to collect the latest romset he can rebuild his 0.185 romset to 0.189.

The previous MameUI versions can be found at http://www.progettosnaps.net/mameui