Forums  ›  Romz  ›  InSearchOf

MAME 0.182 ROMs sooner (arcade + mess) - part 2

These four roms were added to Gladiatr in 0.182 but they're nowhere to be found. Does anyone have them?

Nowhere? http://bda.retroroms.net/downloads/mame/mame-0182-full/gladiatr.zip

Thank you. I was checking the 0.182 update on MEGA and it wasn't there.

Quote from toncino:

Hi all, a quick question.

I run the CLRMAME PRO and it found no missing ROMs for 0.182, but when I do the audit in Mame64UI, it says that I'm missing the following:

fccpu20: Romset NOT FOUND
miniforce: Romset NOT FOUND

Why is this happening...? Thanks in advance!

This is the explanation : http://mamedev.org/?p=437

To find your missings, look in the MEGA folder in the first post of the 0.183 sooners thread.

This will probably happen again next month unless the developer of MAMEUI64 takes steps to follow the advice on that link.

It is possible that you are not aware that MAME64UI is not identical to MAME from mamedev.org.  They are usually very similar, but MAME64UI is occasionally out of sync with the main version of MAME which is the one found on mamedev.org.

Quote by johnsorger6:

Thank you. I was checking the 0.182 update on MEGA and it wasn't there.

The ROMs you were seeking were renamed.  As stated in the first post of the thread, only new ROMs are on the MEGA link. No renames.

You will have to teach yourself how to find ROMs by the hashes instead of the file/ROM names if you want to be able to get these right away.  MAMEDev often changes the names of existing ROMs when a more up-to-date dump is turned in.

If using a ROM manager such as clrmamepro, the "missing" renamed files can often be found in clrmamepro's backup folder.  You should always try rebuilding from the backup if a ROM seems to disappear.

Quote from toncino:

Hi all, a quick question.

I run the CLRMAME PRO and it found no missing ROMs for 0.182, but when I do the audit in Mame64UI, it says that I'm missing the following:

fccpu20: Romset NOT FOUND
miniforce: Romset NOT FOUND

Why is this happening...? Thanks in advance!

This is the explanation : http://mamedev.org/?p=437

To find your missings, look in the MEGA folder in the first post of the 0.183 sooners thread.

This will probably happen again next month unless the developer of MAMEUI64 takes steps to follow the advice on that link.

It is possible that you are not aware that MAME64UI is not identical to MAME from mamedev.org.  They are usually very similar, but MAME64UI is occasionally out of sync with the main version of MAME which is the one found on mamedev.org.

Thanks a lot for the answer, but as the .dat file used by CLRMAME to check the roms was created by quering MAME64UI, I was wondering why CLRMAME did not report these as missing while MAME64UI audit did.

i search this file

vblokbrk : sk000e2-e.u10 (524288 bytes) - NOT FOUND

vblokbrk : sk000e-o.u8 (524288 bytes) - NOT FOUND

i search this file

vblokbrk : sk000e2-e.u10 (524288 bytes) - NOT FOUND

vblokbrk : sk000e-o.u8 (524288 bytes) - NOT FOUND

As explained 3 replies above yours:

This thread is for the official release of Mame 0.182, the roms you are requesting are in the MAME 0.183 ROMs sooner (arcade + mess) thread.

Quote from toncino:

Thanks a lot for the answer, but as the .dat file used by CLRMAME to check the roms was created by quering MAME64UI, I was wondering why CLRMAME did not report these as missing while MAME64UI audit did.

That's a question to ask over on the clrmampro forums.  This is a ROMs sooner thread, not a ROM manager debugging thread.

By the way, there is an updated version of MAMEUI64 that just came out, perhaps if you try again with that version (make a new .dat file from it, and re-run the audit) it will work out better.

Hi, there!

Requesting rm480za

"cg06.lq" (8192 bytes) CRC(15d40f7e) SHA1(a7266357eb9be849f77a97ff3013b236c0af8289

Thanks in advance, guys!

Quote from scott_bon:

Hi, there!

Requesting rm480za

"cg06.lq" (8192 bytes) CRC(15d40f7e) SHA1(a7266357eb9be849f77a97ff3013b236c0af8289

Thanks in advance, guys!

Hi !,

You are asking for a renamed ROM in an updated ROMs only thread.

I gather that you checked the BDA update area, and found that the zip file named rm480za.zip didn't have cg06.lq in it.  That is intended.  cg06.lq was already in MAME before v0.182.  It might have been part of a different ROMset, or had a different name.  But it had the same size, CRC and SHA-1.  Your ROM manager may have hidden it from you in it's backup folder.  When ROMs go missing, it's always worth a scan of the backup folder if you have difficulty finding it elsewhere.

For full ROMsets, you need to check the fullset folder.  This version of rm480za.zip has cg06.lq in it.  Because it is in the fullset area of the BDA.

Tnk smile Mucci for a mirror on mega... 

Forums  ›  Romz  ›  InSearchOf