Forums  ›  Romz  ›  InSearchOf

Gemventure NES Homebrew

Hello,

I am a big collector of NES roms.  I have many homebrew rare roms that people don't think were dumped, but I have one game that has escaped me for years now.  I am looking for Gemventure NES Homebrew game made by Tom Livak released by Retrozone (aka Retrousb now) in 2010.  I really need your help.  There is a beta copy floating around all over the internet.  I need the final version that has the profile character and monster pics in it as well as music added to it.  If you have this rom I am willing to trade you several rare roms back for it!  Thank you for your time

I have many homebrew rare roms that people don't think were dumped

Do you have a list of your rare roms? Preferably with crc.

Wouldn't it be better if you just released the "undumped" games and just hoped someone finds/dumps gemventure instead of holding these rare ROMs hostage and posting everywhere on the internet that you'll trade these ROMs for gemventure. This is like the 5th post I've seen of yours across different places.

@Jago74

We don't "trade", we give freely. If you're hoarding, you should leave.

@Jago74

We don't "trade", we give freely. If you're hoarding, you should leave.

Sorry but that is what people say when they only take from people and never give back!  

I have many homebrew rare roms that people don't think were dumped

Do you have a list of your rare roms? Preferably with crc.

could make one but why is that important to the post?

Wouldn't it be better if you just released the "undumped" games and just hoped someone finds/dumps gemventure instead of holding these rare ROMs hostage and posting everywhere on the internet that you'll trade these ROMs for gemventure. This is like the 5th post I've seen of yours across different places.

Good, that means many people are seeing this and I might be able to trade or buy what I am looking for!  I am not holding any roms hostage, you can too go out and buy the games and dump them if you wish.  I am not the only one in the world with access to these games.  Take your money and time and go do it instead of just waiting for someone to just give you them with no effort of your own!  Thanks though

To see which ones we can trade for and check if we don't already have them.

Didn't have a problem finding it. Here.

https://pdroms.de/files/nintendo-nintendoentertainmentsystem-nes-famicom-fc/gemventure-beta

Landstalker.

Good, that means many people are seeing this and I might be able to trade or buy what I am looking for!  I am not holding any roms hostage, you can too go out and buy the games and dump them if you wish.  I am not the only one in the world with access to these games.  Take your money and time and go do it instead of just waiting for someone to just give you them with no effort of your own!  Thanks though

I don't see how what you're doing is any better, if you actually cared you'd give out these "rare roms" that you can probably find in any set like GoodNES or FamiNES instead of keeping them to yourself. This is about preservation but you're just being a selfish asshole. Also most leechers also put some amount of effort into this stuff, while a lot of people don't have enough money to go out and buy undumped games and release them they spend time getting collections together and uploading them to stuff like the internet archive where it's accessible to anyone.

Take your money and time and go do it instead of just waiting for someone to just give you them with no effort of your own!

Look who's talking

By the way, a little education here - PD is public domain - meaning they are free to download.

Thank you but that is the beta and not the final version of the game

https://pdroms.de/files/nintendo-nintendoentertainmentsystem-nes-famicom-fc/gemventure-beta

Landstalker.

Thank you but that is the beta and not the final version of the game

Landstalker.

If I care I should share with you is your argument.  So if I share all the roms I have acquired through time and money then I am not a selfish asshole?  hahaha That is probably the lamest reasoning behind any of this that I have heard yet!  Too funny I thank you for your humor

I don't see how what you're doing is any better, if you actually cared you'd give out these "rare roms" that you can probably find in any set like GoodNES or FamiNES instead of keeping them to yourself. This is about preservation but you're just being a selfish asshole. Also most leechers also put some amount of effort into this stuff, while a lot of people don't have enough money to go out and buy undumped games and release them they spend time getting collections together and uploading them to stuff like the internet archive where it's accessible to anyone.

You sir is a genius, this forum is waaaay beneath you!  you should be out curing cancer:)

Take your money and time and go do it instead of just waiting for someone to just give you them with no effort of your own!

Look who's talking

By the way, a little education here - PD is public domain - meaning they are free to download.

That could make sense however, If you don't have Gemventure there is no need to see which ones you have or don't have because there won't be any trading anyways.  

To see which ones we can trade for and check if we don't already have them.

I was expecting that answer.

BTW, you should research who Robert is before saying he never gives back to the community.

PS. Your profile says today that you're female and are called Jade Olivia, but yesterday you were male and were called Jay Hersey. What happened?

PS. Your profile says today that you're female and are called Jade Olivia, but yesterday you were male and were called Jay Hersey. What happened?

That's funny. laughing     A mysterious visit to the hospital?

If I care I should share with you is your argument.  So if I share all the roms I have acquired through time and money then I am not a selfish asshole?  hahaha That is probably the lamest reasoning behind any of this that I have heard yet!  Too funny I thank you for your humor

If you wanna keep ROMs to yourself that's fine but idk it seems like a pretty trashy move to me to go on forums and reddit boards going "plz giv me rom i gib rare rom!11!!!" when so many other people who actually care about preservation release them to the public.

These are just forums, who cares what I go by?  I use several names to protect my identity. So what?  and what does any of this have to do with the post?  You often reply to posts when you have nothing to contribute to them?

I was expecting that answer.

BTW, you should research who Robert is before saying he never gives back to the community.

If that was the case, I would understand your point!  I am not asking someone to just give me anything. That is why I mentioned a trade. Fair exchange a game for a game.  Everyone else that has been replying wants me to just give them things and when I don't they want to call names. I don't understand why someone would comment to a post when they have nothing to do with that post. Makes sense doesn't it

If you wanna keep ROMs to yourself that's fine but idk it seems like a pretty trashy move to me to go on forums and reddit boards going "plz giv me rom i gib rare rom!11!!!" when so many other people who actually care about preservation release them to the public.

If that was the case, I would understand your point!  I am not asking someone to just give me anything. That is why I mentioned a trade. Fair exchange a game for a game.  Everyone else that has been replying wants me to just give them things and when I don't they want to call names. I don't understand why someone would comment to a post when they have nothing to do with that post. Makes sense doesn't it

If that's what you feel like doing fine, not like calling you an asshole will really influence your decisions anyways. But at some point after you get what you're looking for please release these rare roms to the public. Preservationists will thank you.

My plan down the line is to do that.  I am part of a secret group that preserves the games as well.  However, I am trying to do something on the side for myself.  Thank you for being at least a little bit pleasant to talk to

That is why I mentioned a trade.

But you don't want to say what you have to trade.

My plan down the line is to do that.  I am part of a secret group that preserves the games as well.  However, I am trying to do something on the side for myself.  Thank you for being at least a little bit pleasant to talk to

Oh what the heck, in the end you asked for help.

"And I always thought the community should stick together."

Maybe nobody has that rare Rom you are looking for. Maybe at some point it will pop up and everyone will be happy.
I am honestly disappointed, well ok calling you an asshole is not the fine English way either.
In any case, good luck searching and secretly preserving.

Well for me there is nothing more to add to this topic.

Cheers

P.S. Are your name also "Stargamer"??
If you plan to be secret change also your Avatar Image!

You don't mention here that you would give 300$ for the final version as Cartdrige. Respect!

Original Link: https://www.videogamesage.com/topic/6408-gemventure-nes-homebrew-game/

Gameventure

No, more. How about $500 ?

https://www.videogamesage.com/topic/6447-wtbwttf-gemventure-nes-homebrew-by-tom-livak/?tab=comments#comment-157191

Must be some game to be worth throwing all that cash at it.

Because no one has the item I am looking for in the first place to bargain a trade!

That is why I mentioned a trade.

But you don't want to say what you have to trade.

The game is worth that to me.  no one else might find it worth that much.  Yep I went up to $500 to see if anyone would do it but would have to be legit.  The last person that thought they could take my money and run was in  court trying to defend themselves from a fraud charge  lol  

No, more. How about $500 ?

https://www.videogamesage.com/topic/6447-wtbwttf-gemventure-nes-homebrew-by-tom-livak/?tab=comments#comment-157191

Must be some game to be worth throwing all that cash at it.

That surprises me; people wanting to use Paypal only usually are the frauds.

How do you figure since it is an instant payment either you get it or you don't.  It leaves a track record incase you want to pursue a fraud charge for your case.  Since I would be the one paying how would this be fraud on my end?  Dumbass  I would be the one who could get frauded if they don't ever ship any item.  Think before you speak or in this case type!

That surprises me; people wanting to use Paypal only usually are the frauds.

You call me dumbass? You never heard of claims or chargebacks?

@noone: please don't feed the TROLL.

Sorry I was busy in RL and I have not noticed this thread. We are here out of passion and not to offend others. I do not tolerate longstanding members being insulted so much Jago74. There can be differences of opinion, but you can also express yourself with respect. I close this topic

Forums  ›  Romz  ›  InSearchOf