Forums  ›  Romz  ›  InSearchOf

Floppy images

Hi,

It's been a while and I see that Mame now has floppy images supported.    Where do we get these floppy images?   I know hard disk images are under CHDs here.  

Thanks for any help :)

Hugh

Where do we get these floppy images?

The question should actually be: Which floppy-disc-based system you are looking for and, if mame supports it?
There are some: C64, C128, Amiga, Atari ST, Amstrad CPC, Apple II etc.

In the past, MESS was at that time the emulator for home PCs and Consoles. Since I believe version 0.162, MAME and MESS are based on the same source code, which means that from version 0.162 MAME can also emulate these systems.

MAME has hash files for this. These can be found at MAME in the hash directory. At mame that means Software lists.

Software lists are the lists of supported software for machines that support software, e.g. consoles, handhelds, and home computers. These can be stored on different media types, such as cassette, (floppy) diskette, cartridge, and optical media (CD, DVD, etc.). For software lists, optical media are usually listed as CHDs, and the rest as ROMs.

You can download some of them for MAME 0.202 at: MAME_0.202_Software_List_ROMs_merged.

You create a folder e.g. software in you MAME root folder. Use a ROM-Manager like ClrMamePro, Rom-Vault etc. to point that hashfiles as DAT source and validate your downloaded floppy-disc-images. Set the search path from MAME to that software folder that you had created with your files.

Cheers, hope it makes some clear.

Forums  ›  Romz  ›  InSearchOf