Forums  ›  Romz  ›  InSearchOf

Creating CHDs for AMIGA CD32 system

Hi All,

A question if I may? I have downloaded the CD32 TOSEC collection and am creating CHDs to complete my collection. No problems so far when the TOSEC file has just a BIN & ISO but for mixed CD files containing audio tracks (i.e. bin, iso, wav) I am not having much luck. Every CHD I create ends up in a mismatch. I am using daemon tools, iso mount and power iso. Does anyone have any suggestions... I still have alot of missing CHD's.

Many thanks 

daob

fix_cd32.dat7.6K6 downloads

Does anyone have any suggestions... I still have alot of missing CHD's.

Hi daob,

here is your fix. Have fun and welcome to the community.
It tooks for me also a long time. After a unsuccessful TOSEC conversion to chd with incorrect checksums
for mame, I found an archive that could meet my needs. So I have completed it.
I hope I could help you.

Softwarelists_a-b.7z 1.22GB
Softwarelists_c-g.7z 1.65GB
Softwarelists_k-s.7z 1.40GB

Cheers wink

Wow Shanigma!

I really was not expecting all of the files - just a little guidance on how to do it as I was successful with a number of files but not ones with separate WAV files on the CD ISOs. This is brilliant!

Hate to ask but would you have the CHD of Chuck Rock II by any chance for the Amiga CD32? Once I downloaded all of your files and re-scanned with CLRMAMEPRO it picked up chuck rock II as having the wrong CHD (one of my created ones). I must have missed that. 

Only if you have the time... fixdat attached.

Again many thanks and also thanks for the welcome!

BR

daob

fix_cd32.dat746B3 downloads

Uploaded on Mega.

Hi Noone,

Many thanks - really appreciated! Have the full set now... CD32 was one of the systems back in the day that I always wanted but never got my hands on!

Thanks again!

daob

Again many thanks and also thanks for the welcome!

No problem, you're welcome. Thanks for the feedback. cool

Cheers

Hi daob,

It tooks for me also a long time. After a unsuccessful TOSEC conversion to chd with incorrect checksums
I hope I could help you.

Cheers wink

Hi Shanigma!

I ran across this post when I was doing a Google search for Amiga CD32 roms in .chd format.

I know I’m 2 years late...but is it possible that you could re-upload these links?! I’m desperate at this point because I can’t seem to convert my roms to chd properly and I can’t find any already in chd format to use.

Uploaded on Mega.

Hi noone! Is it possible that you can re-upload Chuck Rock II in .chd format??

I’ve been googling how to get CD32 roms in .chd format and I have been having no luck at all.

Mixed cd's <binaries and audio> will be a binary file, with or without audio files and a cue file on the structue of the cd.

You could convert them to iso  and use chdman.

https://www.quora.com/How-do-you-convert-BIN-CUE-files-to-an-ISO-fileTeason

You most likely get the proper chechsum for clrmamepro.

The only reasoIn I've created chd's is for custom hard drive images which I store in a custom folder and is not part of mame.

The cd32.xml in the Hash folder hints that the CD32 CHDs were created from a Redump set.

Redump is in cue/bin format; there's no need to convert to ISO as then you'll never get the correct checksum.

You can convert cue/bin to CHD using chdman that's included with Mame; you only need to point to the cue-file as the input.

eg. chdman -i "input.cue" -o "output.chd"

I tried it with chdman 0.233 and it created a chd with the correct checksum.

Alternatively you could use WinUAE or FS-UAE and look for files filtered with the Redump DAT; there are some on archive.org wink

Hello,

I know its been a while but I would love to get those CHD files for my amiga CD32 library, ideally looking to have mostly CHD for everything..
any fresh link or torrent would be greatly appreciated :))
thank youuuuu cool

Hi daob,

I hope I could help you.

Cheers wink

The cd32.xml in the Hash folder hints that the CD32 CHDs were created from a Redump set.

Redump is in cue/bin format; there's no need to convert to ISO as then you'll never get the correct checksum.

You can convert cue/bin to CHD using chdman that's included with Mame; you only need to point to the cue-file as the input.

eg. chdman -i "input.cue" -o "output.chd"

I tried it with chdman 0.233 and it created a chd with the correct checksum.

Don't I need '-createcd' option? Has not been lucky in converting some CDi files, so I'm wondering

You're right, the command is chdman createcd -i "input.cue" -o "output.chd"

Forums  ›  Romz  ›  InSearchOf