Forums  ›  Romz  ›  InSearchOf

CHD for Dragon's Lair

262 is out and the what's new file says Dragon's Lair is working but the chd section here doesn't have the laserdisk files.

any word on when they might be available?

Thanks very much.

/downloads/mame/update/CHD/dlair/

as I have not moved CHD files from the update folders to the main CHD folder -> please check the update folders too next time

And as 0.262 is fresh it is, of course, still in the update folder .....

https://bda.retroroms.info:82/downloads/mame/mame-0262/

Thank you very much.

Could someone please split dlair.chd Into manageable free mega.nz downloads

You want it you got it : http://90.230.15.34/Arcade/MAME/dlair/dlair.chd

or you can try it from here .....check which link is better for you.

As for MEGA, a free user has restrictions but as far that I know with the MEGA client is is easy to download more than the limit. After it has reached it stops and resuming when the "lock" is over ......but yeah as I don't have a free account I can not verify this ...

Or use the torrent from Pleasuredome

To Loggan008

Yes i want it, but cant get it ? 

Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Just download it from the BDA here.

https://bda.retroroms.info:82/downloads/mame/mame-0262/CHD/dlair/

Why is this file 11.5 GB?! Can someone explain?

Because it's a compressed Laserdisc; the original size is 28 GiB.

So the file contains raw data scanned from surface of the disc this is indeed quite impressive. Can it be replaced with regular video for the sake of convenience? I guess for MAME the answer is no.

To Loggan008

Yes i want it, but cant get it ? 

Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

it's just one directory back : http://90.230.15.34/MAME/dlair/

The video quality on dlair.chd is terrible. It looks like it's using the xvid codec from 2002. Digital Leisure released a far superior standalone HD version of Dragon's Lair, plus it's less than half the size of the MAME dlair.chd file.

There have been many versions of Dragon's Lair released over the years, but this is the best one:

HD Dragon's Lair Trilogy(Win x86):

https://send.cm/ol32hfm4iub0

or

https://1fichier.com/?d5224hcyi4vc33gneuxw

Sale > dragon lair switch > in stock

To Loggan008

Thanks got it.

The video quality on dlair.chd is terrible. It looks like it's using the xvid codec from 2002.

The video quality of the chd is the same as in the arcade game.
Several DL arcade laserdiscs were recently captured using DomesdayDuplicator and combined to get the best capture possible.

The HD version of Dragon's Lair doesn't have anything to do with MAME.

The link you posted is a pirated GoG game.

>The video quality of the chd is the same as in the arcade game.

Not even close. I played Dragon's Lair in the arcade when it was new. This chd has badly washed out color and a ghost trailing effect characteristic of old Xvid video compression. The arcade game had much better color and no Xvid video compression artifacts.

>The HD version of Dragon's Lair doesn't have anything to do with MAME.

Correct. But if you're building an arcade cabinet you don't want to use the MAME version of Dragon's Lair until they can produce a better quality chd.

>The link you posted is a pirated GoG game.

Also correct, and irrelevant. 99.9% of the roms in MAME are pirated. You are currently reading a pirate forum on a pirate rom site.

If you insist it's using an XViD compression from 2002 while you can look up what DomesdayDuplicator is then you do you.

OP asked about the Mame CHD of Dragon's Lair and didn't say anything about building an arcade cabinet.

The link you posted is a version that's still for sale.

This chd has badly washed out color and a ghost trailing effect characteristic of old Xvid video compression. The arcade game had much better color and no Xvid video compression artifacts.

No matter where you go, someone always craps on the works of others.  Nice job!

Don't take my word for it. Compare both versions.

It's a raw videostream and the CHD uses lossless compression so idk why you insist seeing XviD compression artifacts.

Could they mean interlacing? Needs some filters and stuff activating in MAME to remove that. Again, it's how the original image was stored, as screens drew the picture interlaced back then.

I'm not saying the Dragon's Lair chd uses Xvid, just that it looks like it does. Interlacing probably causes the Xvid-like effect. It's not pretty. The HD Dragon's Lair Trilogy version is beautiful. 

Hd version has over saturated colours imo, thats not suppose to be like that in a 80s interactive cartoon game

Apart from all of the consternation surrounding this, has anyone else had any problems when scanning this with clrmame. I am using chdman 0.262, split sets and MD5, SHA1; however I am still missing this according to the below.

Dragon's Lair (US Rev. F2) [folder: dlair - size: 32kb]

missing chd: dlair.chd [chd-sha1: c3ee2e27aa4847bf3884fc0d18f26f315456aa9e]

I have downloaded this from mega and also from the retrorom DB but still missing! None of the other chd's have come up with this.

Thanks

Vallaine01

Not to worry (not that anyone has) It needed to be in a folder which is strange as usually I just put the chd's in the roms folder and the software sorts them into the correct place? 

All green again for the time being.

Thanks for all the kind replies and help, it is much appreciated. 

can someone point me to the right rom for dragons lair please?

Index of /MAME (v264)/CHD (lolsuite.org)

New url for whoever still needs CHD's

btw we have also everything @RR in BDA, no need to post always external sources ;-)

Loggan008 there are problem with your new 7z files can you check them ?

thank

Loggan008 there are problem with your new 7z files can you check them ?

thank

Should work with latest version of 7zip, nonetheless fixing

Not to worry (not that anyone has) It needed to be in a folder which is strange as usually I just put the chd's in the roms folder and the software sorts them into the correct place? 

All green again for the time being.

Thanks for all the kind replies and help, it is much appreciated. 

Yea, I got that part.  Exactly what folder would that be so CLRMAME stops putting into it's backup folder?

The Clrmame .dat which derives from the MAME.EXE says DLAIR CHD is 32kb which is obviously wrong.

This is the official MAME BTW.

It will run but every update I have to re-add it from back up to the CHD/ROMS directory.

missing chd: dlair.chd [chd-sha1: c3ee2e27aa4847bf3884fc0d18f26f315456aa9e]

Forums  ›  Romz  ›  InSearchOf