Forums  ›  Romz  ›  InSearchOf

ADVANsCEne DATs

Hi

After scanning a decade old ADVANsCEne collection of Retro NDS Roms using the DATs provided by ADVANsCEne, I discovered they were only Scene releases and didn't have the Proper & Non-Proper releases.  I carefully looked at the NDSsrc XML, the EvoCRC XML, and OfflineList XML, I finally figured out how they worked and separated them into their individual branches. The website appears dead/abandoned by the admin for about a decade.

It took me hours, but I was able to do ALOT of search & replace using NotePad++ to make a valid RomVault DAT. I've separated them to 6 individual DATs for use in BOTH RomVault & ClrMamePro.

There was CRC32 collisions & missing Proper & Non-Proper Roms, I've added SHA1 & MD5 hashes, & file sizes. The 3 original XMLs only had CRC32 and "inaccurate/errors" file sizes. I had to rescan without filesizes & dir2dat after it perfectly scanned OK using NDSsrc, EvoCRC, & OfflineList with only 8 missing Proper Roms.

Here's the DATs, most are available on archive.org, and there is only 8 Retro Proper Roms I'm missing.

Here's the RomVault ONLY DAT & my 8 missing from ADVANsCEne NDS Proper.

keep in mind that we don't want Nintendo or Sony stuff here to share ......

keep in mind that we don't want Nintendo or Sony stuff here to share ......

Oh... sorry... Didn't  know even dats for certain corps were not allowed. Thought only the roms. Can you delete the post, then? Been away for way too long, I guess.  I'm just doing some drive cleaning, prepping to delete, consolidate, upgrade etc...

Thing has really changed in the last 10 years... all the irc channels I once frequent are now gone... Pocketheaven, a site like advanscene is gone as well...

Pocketheaven

lolsuite.org/forum is still running, it got a live repo as well.

Forums  ›  Romz  ›  InSearchOf