Forums  ›  Emulators: Mame  ›  General

update pack confusion

Hi All, have ended up here by following the below instructions, i am a bit confused though, point 5, do i need to download all the update packs from mame-001 to mame-099u9 or just the pack 0197 to match the full rom pack i downloaded?

Thanks

MAME ROMS DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS AND CONFIGURATION TIPS

1. Download the ROMs you need using either Option 1 or Option 2.
  2. Move the downloaded ROM packages to your MAME ROMs directory or drive.
  3. If you went with Option 1: do not unzip compressed files within the cloned directories.
  4. If you went with Option 2
    • Extract the downloaded files. Windows users will need 7zip to unzip the packages properly.
    • The extracted files are themselves in zipped/compressed format. Do not unzip these files.
  5. Download update packs (If needed. See Update Packs above) and unzip them into your ROMs location. Update the MAME ROM directories to add the location of the new update pack. You can use a ROM manager to combine ROM packs, or not use a ROM manager and leave the packs unmixed.
  6. Download packages from the MAME Extras section.
  7. Keep the main ROMs and the Software Lists in folders of their own. Again, after the first unzip the unzipped packages will contain more zipped packages which should be left zipped.
  8. Keep the Extras, Video Snaps and CHDs in their own folders.

Which full rom pack do you have? If you have a full 0.215 rom set and you want to update to 0.217 you need the update pack 0.216 and 0.217.

i downloaded v0.197.

so i now need to update .0198 to latest then?

If you want to have a full 0.217 yes. Take your set and rebuild it with the updates 0.198-0.217.

You can also use my MEGA links, maybe it is easier to download the hole updates in once.

If you have no clue how to update your set -> mameguide.info.

Or you download the wrong/missing from the "full/currentroms" folder.