Forums  ›  Emulators: Mame  ›  General

chd games

hi what has happened to mame all my chd games dont work anymore keep saying not found. when we all know roms and chd go in the roms folder so why is it now they keep saying not found when try to run and they are always in the roms folder. checking the roms section on this site nothing has been updated on the chd so why wont they work.

hello GARNER_WDH

what you got to do in the roms dir create CHD folder then name it CHD when you have done that put you CHD files in there it should work if they dont work you might need to update them or one more thing you need to open mame and go to options click there and go to directies point to chd files as well it shold work try there two think work check that it should work it work on my system they work for me

Where do I place the .CHD (compressed hard disk image) files?

Put them into a subdirectory of your "roms" directory with the name of the game the CHD is for. In addition the CHD, you also need the corresponding ROMs for the game to work. To demonstrate:

1.mame.exe 
 2.  roms\
 3.   area51.zip
 4.   area51\
 5.      area51.chd 

Note that the CHD name does not always directly correspond to the game now. For example, the CHD for Beatmania is named 753jaa11.chd. It would go in a directory called "bm1stmix".

Hi first rocks your way been doing that for years always worked now dont. Also way of create chd put game in it dont work either its so annoying when they keep messing with stuff first you find games available are gone or are there and dont work. As said i checked the roms in this and nothing is update on the killer instinct game i not checked the other chd because none work. i have no idea why no chd will work tried it on older versions and they worked now it dont says missing when it has not been changed and rom download folder still shows no new date for updated chd or roms. i even did interenet search for mame roms hoping see new versions of roms to check but no date was posted next to it. i did notice the rom for killer instead is smaller size so i know that is older version. if someone could try their chd games see if they work for them if not i will go without and test each new mame release to see whats going on .

rocks has everything correct Garner... and nothing has changed in MAME in regards to chd usage so it has to be something

that was changed in your setup when you updated.

If MAME is still in the same directory & so are the other files, maybe something got changed around in your mame.ini file.

Go through & double check all your directory settings (& other settings while you're in there).

Do you use a rom manager(ClrMAME Pro)? You should, that way you can be sure your files are up to date with the release you're using.

Sorry, but it has to be something on your end since everyone else's still works. And that makes it nearly impossible to diagnose from afar.

Hope something from 1 of us helps!

Good Luck!

hi i tried the clrmame pro what it did with the chd's now is to make a folder with the name of the game and the chd inside. before it used to be all loose in the roms folder so i see that has changed. also i noticing my cruis n usa cruis n world and alien vs predator and armoured warrior are all saying files not found now and no new newest version of these roms many files now saying they needed for games to run seems to be capcom only games most not all. shame clrmame pro dont scan only your available games it seems to be scanning and asking me add games i dont want so i having to look at all these each time one pops up. anyone else problems with the capcom games i mentioned.