Forums  ›  RetroRoms  ›  Announcements

Testing unsplitted CHD

Hi All

We want to hear your feedback about CHD:

- As you know we are splitting CHDs into RAR-Parts with checksum for easier download

- Just in case the download went corrupt you have only to download those RAR-parts again.

We are now testing it without splitting the CHDS:

- What is your opinion

- Can you test it and provide feedback?

https://bda.retroroms.info:82/downloads/mame/update/CHD/kbh/gu974-ka%20a01.chd

Thanks you

I don't have a problem with split CHDs, especially the huge ones. It encourages upgrade of memberships imo.

I'm afraid the BDA will get hammered when there's basically no restriction for standard members to leech the CHDs because they'll be able to download 100 CHDs per 24 hours then.

I tried downloading above CHD with Jdownloader and stopping the download several times, the download resumed every time so there was no loss of bandwidth on my part..

thanks for your opinion. yes it make sense and I agree it would be "better" for people to download only 1 file and only this one counts.

Here is another idea. Yes, keeping them split will help encourage memberships... but on the other side of the coin, it is annoying that a single file with so many parts is counted multiple times. If it could be written so that only the first part counted to download limits, would people like this as another option? Keep them split, but only the first part counts towards limits? I am just throwing out a different idea.