Forums  ›  Tools and Dats  ›  ROM-Management

ScummVM Collection v2.1.0 and Update to 2.2.0 file

Hello everybody,

I once did the work and created file-based DAT files for ScummVM 2.1.0 from pleasuredome + in addition to the
update to 2.2.0 including additional games in folder "Sooner" which were not released in 2.2.0.

An official release 2.2.0 of pleasuredome did not yet exist. It's a whole folder with the structure of pleasuredome.
The previous version I uploaded here: https://www.retroroms.info/forum/topic/ScummVM-Collection-v2-1-0-Archives-.htm
was zip as roms and not exactly promotional.

So if you already have the games from the complete version 2.0 you can now check whether any are missing up to 2.2.0.
The archive needs at least RomVault 3.2.1. It was created with ClrMamePro. In the folder ScummVM (Unknown) there are
games that may already exist but differ greatly in their content.

Extract the whole Directory to your DATRoot Folder of RomVault 3.2.1, put your files in folder ToSort and Click on Update
DATs and then ScanRoms and FixRoms.

e.g. post a fixdat of your missings.

Cheers

ScummVM DATs.7z2.7M227 downloads

Always wanted .dats for this collection.  TYVM!

Always wanted .dats for this collection.  TYVM!

No Problem, me too. That's because why I did it. Hope it is usefull.

Cheers

So after running my ScummVM through RomVault with your new dat, somehow I'm missing a few things.

Any chance someone has?

Attached fix.dat.

So after running my ScummVM through RomVault with your new dat, somehow I'm missing a few things.

Here it is, have fun.

Cheers

User Casublett.7z67.1K52 downloads

Thanks for the dats and the fills.  100% now.  :)

Thanks for the dats and the fills.  100% now.  :)

no problem, take care

Is there a more edited and concise version of 2.2 dats?

This gathering of files seems to be just the disks thrown together full of extras that have no business or use with scummVM

for instance you do not need the exe's, readme's or anything other than the data files.

There is no need for save files and who knows if the have an old x86 virus from the 90's.

My observation is that someone grabbed all the disks and CD's listed on the ScummVM website then made a dat without editing them down to what is just needed.

This is not a complaint rather than an observation.

I picked up a version of 2.1 and someone did whittle it down now these dats are looking for the executable's and readme files so I will never get a full green light.

I wrote the Authors of ScummVM and asked them to create a dat so I would make sure I have 100% compatibility and all they did was scream piracy this and piracy that which makes zero sense being a, these games are no longer for anything sale or not and b, no one asked them to share anything other than to have an accurate auditing of needed files.

They do have a wiki page that lists the required files and I suspect because of the enormous hard drive space modern computers have no one cares about getting rid of the .info and startup-sequence extra crap on Amiga disks.

Is there a more edited and concise version of 2.2 dats?

I don't find one, if you have one then post it for other's

There is no need for save files and who knows if the have an old x86 virus from the 90's.

Do you realy think never Viruskillers can't find any of the old Viruses?
And as you said ScummVM don't need that exe files or save files, so it will don't start those!

My observation is that someone grabbed all the disks and CD's listed on the ScummVM website then made a dat without editing them down to what is just needed.

You can make it and share it with us, if you have time!

This is not a complaint rather than an observation.

I picked up a version of 2.1 and someone did whittle it down now these dats are looking for the executable's and readme files so I will never get a full green light.

So, you can manage it and delete those lines in the dat, because you don't need them!

I wrote the Authors of ScummVM and asked them to create a dat so I would make sure I have 100% compatibility and all they did was scream piracy this and piracy that which makes zero sense being a, these games are no longer for anything sale or not and b, no one asked them to share anything other than to have an accurate auditing of needed files.

They do have a wiki page that lists the required files and I suspect because of the enormous hard drive space modern computers have no one cares about getting rid of the .info and startup-sequence extra crap on Amiga disks.

That crap on the Amiga disks is also like "desktop.ini" and "thumbs.db" on Windows. What the hell do you want?
Gaming or Collecting "SuperDuperCleanSets". You decided. So don't be destructive.

If it bothers you so much and you cannot get used to the reality that you never get a dat file from the creators of the ScummVM emulator and possibly no one else wants to sacrifice the time especially for you personally, be productive and invest your time and share it here with all the others who would also be interested.

So you can get one or more Tumbsup and consider yourself lucky that you have contributed to FINALLY providing a reasonable dat file for ScummVM.
Maybe you will top the highscore in history of datfiles and reap the fame. However, I strongly suspect that you would not sacrifice your time for it.

In this sense, take care.

Cheers

Thank you for that.

I will tell you in exact words.

I came up with this suggestion and said I was editing to only the files you need when I was on ROM Sheppard and was dog piled by the guy that made the original set.

If I can even remember the %%%holes name...Tetris or some moronic video game name....Yar,,,,,who knows.

Then I was banned.  ALL for SUGGESTION that I was editing it down... No mean spirit, no harsh wording...nothing other than saying I was taking his set and making it pure.

Now, I asked nicely for an actual set of what is actually needed and I get a boat load of whatever.

This goes back to my philosophy of just do it yourself and do not ask.

The only thing Cancel culture does is destroy new ideas and improvements in favor of an echo chamber.

Could someone help me out with a few random files I'm missing? I suspect they aren't actually needed to make the games run, but it would be nice to have them to get a clean scan.

Could someone help me out with a few random files I'm missing?

https://mega.nz/folder/sdkizAhC#xFa21ycHnKDqaeXeB_XhbA

e.g. post a fixdat of your missings.

I'm missing loads of the ScummVM v2.2.0 update, the RomVault fixdats are attached.

Could someone help me out with a few random files I'm missing?

https://mega.nz/folder/sdkizAhC#xFa21ycHnKDqaeXeB_XhbA

Thanks, that's perfect!

Some help would be appreciated, or pointer where I could grab myself.

TY

[ScummVM].rar274.9K15 downloads

Hi there. I need help with this. :'-(

EDIT: Found the files, so I don't need help with this any more.

TY

I could fill those for you or you could try www.pleasuredome.org.uk

Do you still have your FTP? (We used to chat some on ICQ back in the days. :) )

i have the fullset 2.0 but i search only  the update 2.2 ???

Ha!  No, took the FTP down when the wife started crying about speeds (& too be fair, that was prior to the fiber we have now).  Plus, been moving away from Win to Linux so even more time/learning vs. my already neglected ROM sets :)  Maybe in the near future I'll see about building it back up.

Here's the latest/greatest (mostly the Russian alt. lang == not too concerned, but would like to finish off the rest of the collection if possible).  Again, thanks.

TY

I could fill those for you or you could try www.pleasuredome.org.uk

Do you still have your FTP? (We used to chat some on ICQ back in the days. :) )

ScummVM.zip230.2K26 downloads

With the help of a kind soul, I've gotten it down to a few files & one fix-DAT!  I don't know WHERE you guys get your sources but, TY for the assist

I'm still missing lots, same as 2 months ago.

I'm still missing lots, same as 2 months ago.

Where can I upload this fill?

Can someone suggest some modern ScummVM Emulator for playing ScummVM ROMs in 2021, I only know the RetroArch emulator but is there any other emulator that supports Windows 7 or 8 system?

https://www.scummvm.org/downloads/

Thanks for letting me know I downloaded the e emulator and I downloaded some ScummVM ROMs and enjoying the games once again.