Forums  ›  Emulators: Mame  ›  TechTips

Samples - Am I Doing This Correctly?

Hi All,

Sorry for the n00b question, but I want to make sure that I am placing samples correctly:

clrmamepro reported a missing sample:

N-Sub Oscillator 97271-P [folder: s97271p - sampleparent: nsub - size: 0]

missing device: N-Sub Oscillator 97271-P

missing sample: SND_BOAT

missing sample: SND_BONUS0

missing sample: SND_BONUS1

missing sample: SND_CODE

missing sample: SND_EXPL_L0

missing sample: SND_EXPL_L1

missing sample: SND_EXPL_S0

missing sample: SND_EXPL_S1

missing sample: SND_LAUNCH0

missing sample: SND_LAUNCH1

missing sample: SND_SONAR

missing sample: SND_WARNING0

missing sample: SND_WARNING1

I have the sample ZIP "nsub.zip". I simply made a copy of it and named the copy s97271p.zip.

clrmamepro seems to accept this, but I am not totally sure that this copy/rename is the right thing to do. If anyone with experience can confirm, that would be a big help.

Thanks in advance!

Attaching fix-datfile so that you know what I am seeing - please reference the missing 'vanguard_sound" sample. For this one, I had made a copy of the sample vanguard.zip and named it vanguard_sound.zip. When I ran my next scan, clrmamepro "fixed" the duplicated sample file by deleting it. When I ran another scan, it is back to reporting "vanguard_sound" as missing.

Likewise, s97271p was reported missing as I noted in my previous post. I made a copy of the sample nsub.zip and named it s97271p.zip, and re-ran the scan. Clrmamepro "fixed" the sample by deleting s97271p.zip, but did not complain about s97271p missing. I bet if I run another scan, I will be back to it saying s97271p is missing.

fix_MAME 0.220.dat239.1K3 downloads

try to put this file in samples directory

mine is working fine (Mame 0.221 complete set - no missing rom)

nsub.zip1.3M15 downloads

Got it - that's what I am doing as well. So is it safe to assume this is clrmamepro malfunctioning?

maybe it it to late but I don't get your point. But anyway keep in mind that samples have no CRC/SHA1 in the source file (XML), so the scan does only check if a file exists with the right name  .....could also be a "dummy" file that has the right name...

If you think that CLRMAME has a bug, please report it to Roman -> https://www.emulab.it/forum/index.php?board=6.0