Forums  ›  Emulators: Mame  ›  Compiling

Question about MAMEfreeze

Hi all !

Occasionally I'll want to update my DATs, folders, backups, etc. slightly ahead of the official release.

On the Mega shared folder, under _compile / MAMEfreeze, is the executable in the listed folder, e.g. 0.245r83810x64 built from the same source state that will become the next official release ? or is there a chance the official may un-freeze at the last moment for a last minute update, inclusion or exclusion ?

Also, pretty new to Github and such. Is there some type of tag or note or something that signifies what commit it's frozen at for an upcoming release ?

Freeze means that only fixes are commited to the MAME source to have a stable build before it is compiled and published as new build. During that period, no new stuff is added.

btw this is the "freeze" source-code that is used for the next 0.246 release https://github.com/mamedev/mame/commits/release0246

changed nothing the last 2 days ..... 

Thanks for the information ! Did some more reading up on Git and (for practice) was able to pull that specific tag you mentioned. Normally I just copy/paste the command from their compiling page and go from there. Using your link, I was able to see how/where the branches, etc. are changed at.