Forums  ›  Emulators: Mame  ›  General

Problem with two gnw ROMS / seem to be incorrect

Hi there,

I have some problems with two gnw roms. Tested in mame 0.208, 0.214 and 0.215. If I check the integrity it fails:

gnw_mbaway.zip
gnw_mbaway  : tb-94.melody (256 bytes) - NEEDS REDUMP

gnw_dkjrp.zip
gnw_dkjrp   : cj-93.melody (256 bytes) - NEEDS REDUMP

I've seen that these are the only gnw-ROMS that aren't updated in November 2019. 

Has anyone these and can help me?

Thanks in Advance,

groof

Hi there,

I have some problems with two gnw roms. Tested in mame 0.208, 0.214 and 0.215. If I check the integrity it fails:

gnw_mbaway.zip
gnw_mbaway  : tb-94.melody (256 bytes) - NEEDS REDUMP

gnw_dkjrp.zip

I've seen that these are the only gnw-ROMS that aren't updated in November 2019. 

Has anyone these and can help me?

Thanks in Advance,

groof

download it here: gnw_mbaway.zip

and here: gnw_dkjrp.zip

Thanks for fast reply. But these are the roms I have. And they are incorrect.

When I start in mame it display an error that the roms maybe incorrect and redump is needed.

I've downloaded them again and checked via mame and the result was the same: 

gnw_mbaway  : tb-94.melody (256 bytes) - NEEDS REDUMP

Thanks for help.

It doesn't say that they are incorrect; they only need a redump some day.

Try a rom manager if you have a full set.

Thanks for help. When I start the game mame displays the following error (see attachment). So I thought it would be an error.

The game itself runs, but the sprites are very large (compared to other games eg. gnw_dkong.zip).

What is a full rom-set? I only have the downloads from bda. Sorry, but I'm new to the world of mame & co.

Thanks again.

screenshot.png81.3K7 views

@

It's stated (in english) that the game has problems, so maybe it will be fixed in 0.216

You're not going to find those roms in their correct form until someone actually dumps them, add them & changes the code to use them.

If it says "NO GOOD DUMP KNOWN" or "NEEDS REDUMP"  unless you have the pcb, dump what's needed properly & submit it to MAMEDEV to add, then all you can do is wait. It may be fixed tomorrow, next week, or never...I think that 1 may need to be decapped to verify it, so it could be awhile...

MAME will try to run it with incorrect or missing roms but it's not going to be emulated 100% correctly or might not work at all.

Get ClrMAMEPro & learn it...you'll be glad you did...   http://mamedev.emulab.it/clrmamepro

GL

Thanks Loggan and Billy. Now I understand it better. And I'll take a look on ClrMAMEPro.

Great forum and great people smile