Forums  ›  Tools and Dats  ›  ROM-Management

NeoRageX Help

Hello. I found a massive collection of NeoRageX versions in total 63 since last update, and i'm looking for someone can able to help me to create a .dat file from the old versions, i try with crlmamepro and romcenter but no success, i really need to find a way.

There is a version is really interresting, because it have a password and it's in there, but shows me hacks of EGCG.

Can someone help me?

Link: https://www.mediafire.com/?hc82n9q1su2o5nk

I need a dat for: 2003-12-05 - NeoRAGEx TestVer 1.0H [Security Key Req'd] [206 games] (B831E00B)

Thanks.  frown

Thanks for all those versions. I also have a small collection of NeorageX, some official, some hacked, but none need passwords.

As far as I know, there's no data available from the emulators. They simply look for the correct filename formats, and if found, the game can be played. So therefore you can play any old hack as long as the rom names are what is expected.

Support for MGD2 sets is limited to the official NeorageX. If you try on a hacked emu, it will crash. For the normal roms, here's an example set:

AeroFighters2.zip

afig2_c1.rom

afig2_c2.rom

etc.

extension must be .rom, and you can use - (minus) instead of _ (underscore).

As long as your set works in some other emulator it should work in neorageX.

The zipfile name can be anything you like, also the rom prefix (afig2 in the example above) can be anything you like, but they all must be the same inside the one zipfile. I don't know how all this magic works, it just does.

If you use a rom set that NeorageX doesn't know about, it will add a new entry in the game list at the bottom, and you can play it.

Any really old romsite that has "neogeo roms", should have sets which are compatible. You can tell because the zipfile names are not like Mame's.

I hope this info is correct, because I won't be able to edit it later.

Sadly we can´t find the legit name roms and the correct crc32 numbers. Or else the emu doesn´t read SFX files. frown The reason i want a .dat, because the version i found it have important hacks.

As bonus i found this rare pic from xacrow.

https://i.ibb.co/H2xQ1Q5/nrx.jpg

Well the only thing you can do, if possible is find the missing hacks only for this version, because is something was released with password as secret. Other note is NeoGeo Station by Mr. Stiller it have hacks too, and i don´t know if they are the same thing. Even the numbers of roms as less. 

Thanks. wink

You can tell that those sets are not in that version of NeorageX, because of the (?) after each one. It reads the titles out of the roms for unknown sets . Sometimes that area contains garbage or wrong info. So you cannot be sure what you've got until you play it.

Thanks for the picture though.  :)

You can tell that those sets are not in that version of NeorageX, because of the (?) after each one. It reads the titles out of the roms for unknown sets . Sometimes that area contains garbage or wrong info. So you cannot be sure what you've got until you play it.

Thanks for the picture though.  :)

They are not in (?) in the emulator just ask. Just check the image.

https://i.ibb.co/mJRQrL7/1.png

H1, H2 and so on...

It must be a way to read the namerom.zip file, because we don´t know who is in there? 

And for the picture... we never see the chinese xacrow appearing again since 2001. frown sadness.

Thx for share all these versions. You can post all dats(cm/rc) or original link to download these?
Thanks in advance.