Forums  ›  RetroRoms  ›  Feedback

My IP Address Gets Blocked

For some reason my IP address keeps getting blocked until I get a new one.

This time I didn't even download anything from the BDA, so there must be some other reason.

Can someone look into this because it starts to get really annoying.

So after 12 days nobody looked into this?

My IP just got banned again after downloading 2 roms from the BDA.
WTH is going on?

This happened to me also after paying $70 joining fee. How can this be fixed, please?

My IP is blocked also Please Fix

My IP got blocked again after Jdownloader crawled a folder on the BDA; I didn't download a single file.

I reported it almost 2 months ago for the first time and didn't even get a reply from someone who can fix this.

get in contact with czokie.....there is nothing I can do, sorry

I just recently had my IP banned as well for a 4 or 5 day period. Woke up this morning and I was once again able to access the site.

Could be a traffic issue... I will try to keep only a single tab open rather than opening up multiples/new tabs when clicking on links or pages. 

This also happened to me the other day, all I did was download 3 arcade romsets.  I'm not very greedy and only take a 3-5 roms a week (maybe a little more or less) if I find something I like while watching arcade game videos or friend recommends it, or it needs to be emulated  ;)

- dink (fbalpha dev)

It also happened to me. I wish czokie or other admins or site developers would fix this problem as soon as possible. I only downloaded a few roms but only one at a time.

Happened twice now. IP ban, few days later everything back to normal. Good to see i'm not the only one it happens to. Server-bot malfunction?

Same here, Download something and for a day or three I can't connect

Same here, Download something and for a day or three I can't connect

We all know this now.
1. Reset your IP Address and
2. delete the cookies in your browser.

When these not work the server bda has problems.
Try next day and do the position 1. & 2. again before you try to download.

I had mostly the problems with a download manager.
JDownloader has a seperate cookies folder and JDownloader try to check if file is online or not.
Check if JDownloader (when you use it) has multiple connections to one file at the same time.
If it so then set it to one and the multiple downloads also at one. Dont forget: checking if file is online
is like it was downloaded, because it was granted for the check. 25 checks = 25 downloads.

My oppinion is: Use your browser without a Downloadmanager.

Example: You try to download with JDownloader and the connections are set to 5 and 5 files at the same time.
Result: 25 connections. I think the Server think you try to DoS (Denial of Service) and block your IP and also your
User Name and PW for a while. You cant even login and download again before 24 hours pass.

Hope it helps
Cheers

Just using simple firefox & 1 rom at a time here, no download manager stuff.

Just using simple firefox & 1 rom at a time here, no download manager stuff.

Right! Same what I tried to tell. :)

There is no reason to ban an IP-address site-wide when a user downloads too many files from the BDA.

The block should only be on the BDA, not on the forum or the homepage.

OK. Some facts:

1. IP's don't get blocked for downloading too many files. EVER. If you exceed a limit, it will lock your username - and ask you to login again to the BDA.
  2. You can still login to the website when this happens. A few of you have made that accusation. It is untrue. If you reach a limit, it blocks you from the BDA ONLY - You will still have forum access.
  3. If people have a problem, send a PM.

Noone. There were no log entries with your username against the BDA since 7-dec. (I did not look back further)... Perhaps you are trying to login with some other profile like the other account you deleted?

OK. Some facts:

1. IP's don't get blocked for downloading too many files. EVER. If you exceed a limit, it will lock your username - and ask you to login again to the BDA.
  2. You can still login to the website when this happens. A few of you have made that accusation. It is untrue. If you reach a limit, it blocks you from the BDA ONLY - You will still have forum access.
  3. If people have a problem, send a PM.

Noone. There were no log entries with your username against the BDA since 7-dec. (I did not look back further)... Perhaps you are trying to login with some other profile like the other account you deleted?

Sorry, but this is absolutely not correct. I created my account today to update my rom set. I knew I'd need more than 100 downloads so went straight for the intermediate account (2000/day). I started downloading update sets (198-205) BY HAND in the browser. No downloader, nothing. I got to update set 200 (downloaded approx. 4.8GB - again, by clicking each file by hand). And suddenly I can't connect to the sire anymore. Not any part of it. All of retroroms.info just times out.

I used a proxy to connect through another IP and viola! I can connect just fine. Disconnect the proxy, still can't connect. I finished downloading what I need through the proxy, but as I just paid, I want to be able to connect to the site without a proxy. I can't even get to the home page, it just times out.

This is absolutely a case of my IP being blocked, and I wasn't even doing anything abusive. I am a paying customer that got blocked for downloading from a download site.

I want to upgrade to Premium to support the site, but why bother if I am banned for doing nothing wrong???

I have been having trouble getting onto the site for a few weeks, I managed it yesterday by using a VPN which would lead me to believe that somewhere along the line the site (for whatever reason) is being blocked. I am in the UK and have tried a few browsers but keep being unable to get to the site. I have just installed a new browser "Epic" which provides anonymous (nearly) surfing and have been able to get onto the site and log in as normal. I cannot think that any downloads would be blocked by the site unless downloading multiple files etc. Hope this helps some of you.

Regards

Vallaine01

Timekiller. I have provided you with log data of exactly what happened to you, and why it happened. Without going into detail, that was expected behavior.

Vallaine01 - Your new browser MAY cause you problems. If two users come into the BDA from the same IP address at the same time, that WILL cause that IP to get blocked. Why? Because of one dickhead that caused problems in the past. He had dozens of usernames - and kept registering new accounts - getting the daily limit with the first one - and the next, and the next and so on. He was leeching to the max. What really pissed me off is when I saw multiple accounts active at the same time hitting the server really hard from one source address. If your new browser does annonymisation behind a proxy of any kind, and someone else logs into the BDA at the same time as you, that will get you blocked. Sorry, but that won't get turned off due to the previous problems identified above.

For the record, the person that is doing all of this crap with multiple usernames is "Buggervance". I just had a look, and he is still doing it today. Feel free to send him a PM and tell him that you're pissed off because of his bad behavior.

Now that I've got that off my chest, As requested previously, if you have an issue, send me a PM.

CZ

Forums  ›  RetroRoms  ›  Feedback