Forums  ›  Tools and Dats  ›  ROM-Management

How I can create a Diff DAT file?

Greetings to all Members and Admins,

I want to create a archive so that I can allways reproduce the right version of mame that I need.

Example:
I have a DAT file from version 0.204 and I have a DAT file from 0.205.
I want a Diff DAT from these both versions to mention which roms are changed and which roms are new.
Important it is that I dont want the renaming in the roms for me is only important that the crc is the same.
RomVault find then these files and ignore that filename, it renamed it in the right version.

Strange my english it is Luke. LOL. Hope you understood me.

I think It is better a program exclusivly for creation of DAT files.
I tried Winmerge that can show me the differencies of two files, but it is here not realy usefull. You must
to many manully correct some lines. And you all know that these DAT files can be big.

A help about this would be very nice.

Cheers

I want to create a archive so that I can allways reproduce the right version of mame that I need.

Rollback Mame exists for this purpose.

I know that, buit following scenario:

I use RomVault for rom validating. Now I have a "toSort" folder with tousants of romfiles.
My RomVault setting is "double check and delete". If a DAT file in my "DATRoot" folder
is activated and the needed files are in my folder "ROMRoot" and equals with any file in
my folder "toSort" then it will be deleted for ever from my "toSort" folder.

I figured, create a folder with corresponding DAT file will move that file that exists in "toSort"
folder to the right place in "ROMRoot" so it will be never deleted again.

My "toSort" folder is a catastophy, thousants of zip files, dont know it is a MAME rom file
or from another Emulator etc. I will cleanup this a little.

Ok, let me explain it this way: Have anybody here for me this DAT files?

@noone: I think you have all the rollback updates. Can you make for me from each rollback
folder that you have a dir2dat file so I can clean up my "toSort" folder. Dont want to download
each Rollback archives again. I want to cleanup my exists files do I know it is anything complete
or not.

Thanks and Cheers

My Mame Rollback Roms is just one folder with about 2000 romsets in it; it's 8.5 GB big.
It's the same as https://bda.retroroms.info/downloads/mame/rollBack

BTW: this site blocked my IP again after Jdownloader crawled that BDA folder; I didn't even download a single file.
This is not the first time that this happens; there is something seriously wrong with the DDOS detection on this site.

Yes the crawling checks the filesize and this is like a download. After then you try to download your limit is reached.

Change the IP in your router and then try again, is same as before, because you reached in 24 hours your limit of x files.

there exists a rollback dat file @ https://www.emulab.it/rommanager/

My Mame Rollback Roms is just one folder with about 2000 romsets in it; it's 8.5 GB big.

Can you make a dir2dat of this 8,5GB folder for me?
Maybe I dont need so much do download here to complete.
I think I have most of them but not structured.

To show my structure of RomVault:
romvaultstructure

Yes the crawling checks the filesize and this is like a download. After then you try to download your limit is reached.

Change the IP in your router and then try again, is same as before, because you reached in 24 hours your limit of x files.

I don't get just blocked from the BDA, this entire site won't load anymore. This is unnecessary.

I just use the dat-file from https://www.emulab.it/rommanager to build the Rollback set.
You'll have 15/40 missing as those roms are MIA.

there exists a rollback dat file

GREAT. Thanks Mucci :)

roms are MIA

Sorry for my question: what means that MIA (missing in action)??

It means that everyone is missing those roms.

Ahh ok...

Last question: Is my english good or bad?

So I only need the last RollBack Roms DAT file from emulab?

Addition:
OK, dont need info, analyzed that and found only the actual Rollback ROMS DAT file need to accomplish this.
So I will try to complete this complete Rollback Pack and I am actual in "state of the art".

Thanks