Forums  ›  Emulators: Mame  ›  General

Help With ini Files, Artwork/Bezels, and Hi Score

Hello,

Not being tech savvy or understanding any of the backend stuff, I need some help understanding ini files. I have recently downloaded some ini files but I'm not exactly sure where they need to go. I don't know if they all go into ini folder or if they have to go into each of their corresponding folders. For example, I have one called Artwork.ini, so does that go into the ini folder or the artwork folder? Although, I have other ini files which I don't actually have specific folders for such as Category.ini, Device.ini, CPU.ini, Version.ini and so on. So I don't really know where to put those or what they are actually used for. I'd also like to add bezels, but I'm not sure how to do that. I know that I need to download the bezels, but I don't know where to put them or how to enable them or anything like that. Likewise, I'd also like to start using a hi score. I watched a few videos and they said to get a hiscore.dat and put that in the hiscore folder which I did, but then they said to edit the plugin.ini file, but I don't have one of those, so I'm not sure if I need one of those or where I would get one.

Sorry for the dumb questions, I'm sure this is super simple stuff, but I guess I just don't really know what I'm doing. Anyways, thanks for all your help!

Also, as for bezels, I have tried to find some option to enable bezels but I can't find it. I did not have a mame.ini file, or at least I could not find one so I created one with the command ./mame64 -cc but even in the ini file that was created, there was no option for bezels. On YouTube, ever video that I have watched shows a "Bezel" setting in the video options and you can either "enable" or "disable" it. But I don't have that option. I looked through every setting under every heading in the MAME program but I couldn't find anything. I also read about making cfg and lay files, and I have no idea how to do that. So I'm at a complete loss for how to get bezels.

Also, I downloaded a bezel pack for a rom that I have, and I put the zipped file in the artwork folder. It did not come with any cfg or lay files.

If it matters, I am using MAME 0.222 for Mac.

I have also linked a screenshot that I took that shows my video settings: Video Options

Thanks for any helps you guys can provide.

read also the PM I have sended to you. Please read and study the information.... you will need more than one answer to start and have fun with MAME.