Forums  ›  Romz  ›  InSearchOf

Mame 0.183 - Bootstrap.bin request in some roms...

Hi boys.. i'm a newest member here and i have found this forum by google after a search whit key "mame bootstrap.bin".

On my pc i have setup the newest mameui64 (i have also Arcade 0.183) and i have download some roms from planetemu (the only site i know how i can check all title by screenshot...... i remember the best now dead mame.dk) but i have a lot of problems.

I have put all files downlaoded in a temporary folder.......... after this i have used CLRMamePro 4.031c for obtain a merged set on a shared folder (i have use this for booth mameui.. it's right ?) but i have some problems.

For example i have downloaded "Mexico 86" and all it's parents roms (kick & run) and whit merged set i have obtain the file "kickandrun.zip" but when i run mame i can't find this games on list.

The audit say to me:

mexico86    : bootstrap.bin (115 bytes) - NOT FOUND (m68705p3)

This is an example of this title.. i have download so many other roms but i obtain same result.............. how i can fix and play this games ?

*EDIT*

I have check my actually little list of files........... i have found "Lottof2.zip". It's correctly on my Roms folders but it's not appears on "avaible" on roms in mame... audit say:

lottof2     : bsmt2000.bin (8192 bytes) - NOT FOUND (bsmt2000)

mmmmmmmmmmmm... it's possibly there's so many roms need to be update or fix on this latest release ??

*EDIT 2*

For bsmt2000.bin apparently i have resolved my self. By google on Emuparadise there's a file called bsmt2000.zip... i have put on my temp folder.. re-use CLRMamepro for "rebuilt" my actually romset and now lottofun 2 it's ben appears on "available" list.

For Bootstrap.bin i can't found nothings meanwhile :(

The name between brackets () is the name of the rom you are missing.
So for mexico86 you are missing m68705p3.zip, I have attached it to this reply.

You can find the latest roms at http://bda.retroroms.info/downloads/mame/currentroms
Your login and password from here should work on that link, you can download maximum 100 files per 24 hours unless you upgrade your account here.

m68705p3.zip266B328 downloads

OMG! Great.......... ;)

Otherwise i'm very gratefull to considering to upgrade my account............. stupid and possibly OT question:

I can download 100 files every 24hours or i can download 100 files only for 24hours ?

On your account settings you can see the Upgrade Options and Allowed Actions.

With a standard membership you can download 100 files every 24 hours, so it gets reset.
When you hit that limit then your login/password won't get accepted on the Download area anymore until the reset.

Oh yeah.. now it's all clearly...

Meanwhile i have found another roms need to fix on my little collection... its Rampage WT 1.1 and 1.3.... on audit on both roms i obtain:

rmpgwt      : 465 Rampage WT.u64 (4105 bytes) - NOT FOUND

I have look inside both .zip files and infact the files .u64 it's not present............. whit google no success about this.... try to look on previous suggested location here...

*EDIT*

Yeah... on "currentroms" i re-download the two files and all working whitout any problems! YEAH :)

I have another OT question.... when i open the folder whit my browser apparently for about 10/20 seconds firefox lt's apparently goes in crash and goes in stall.

There's possibly to reach this files like a FTP Client or similar ??

The Current Roms folder opens fine in the Chrome/Chromium and Vivaldi browsers.

Firefox and Edge seem to have a problem opening a folder with 35,000 files in it.

The Current Roms folder opens fine in the Chrome/Chromium and Vivaldi browsers.

Firefox and Edge seem to have a problem opening a folder with 35,000 files in it.

Ah ok... thanks for this information :)

On this my newest pc I have not yet installed chrome and now i open two different session of firefox... one for normal browsing and other for navigate the current folder roms. In this mode apparently all it's a little better than use a single session of firefox..

In what directory should the m68705p3.zip file be placed?  I have tried copying it to the root and to the roms directory and even extracting the contents to both directories but my emulator still says the file is missing.

Nevermind.  I figured it out.  The zip file should go in the roms directory.

I get the same issue, but with one rom only - xsleena.zip Is it working for anyone?
Forums  ›  Romz  ›  InSearchOf