Forums  ›  Emulators: Mame  ›  General

Rom websites that have individual up to date roms?

Any websites like http://bda.retroroms.net/ that let you actually download the files?

I'm not into downloading 60 GB zip file just to extract 200 specific roms. I want individual up to date rom files, not full romset or update packs.

Rom updaters are pain in the ass to use when you have old and limited romset, or no roms at all.

I want I want I want .......good luck

There is only one choice -> Scan your set with a rommanager and create a fix.dat with your missing ....post it and hope that someone is willing to use your fix.dat and upload only your missing parts .....

(To Perkele's deleted post) http://bda.retroroms.net/ sucks. It has 1 file per day download limit, regardless that my account info says I have 100 files per day download limit. Other users reported the same issue, but no one fixed it yet.

Downloading individual up to date MAME roms is such a hassle. Let's say I download newest MAME version and want to play Metal Slug. Where do I get up to date neogeo.zip and mslug.zip? Not on any rom website, apparently. So I have to download neogeo.zip and mslug.zip, and then find MAME version they are compatible with. The compatible MAME version varies depending which rom website you downloaded those roms from because rom websites tend to have different rom versions, and none of them even says what MAME version it's for.

Ideally, someone would upload new roms to up to date mega.nz folder instead of uploading update packs which aren't good for downloading specific roms. They are only good for people with OCD who want to have every rom, even though they will never use them.

Sorry if I sound needy, I was just trying to clarify my needs. It's 2018 and downloading MAME roms is pain in the ass. You can listen to my suggestions and try to improve your website, or continue being condescending and completely ignore them.

I guess I got the answer to my question though. There are no other rom websites that offer individual up to date MAME roms. Thanks.

So apparently this site sucks and we all have OCD.

So apparently this site sucks and we all have OCD.

On paper, yes. I said http://bda.retroroms.net/ sucks, not this website. This website offers MAME update packs that Mucci regularly posts in forums. Nothing that can't be found on other websites, like emuparadise.me https://www.emuparadise.me/Complete_ROM_Sets_(Full_Sets_in_One_File)_ROMs/Games-Starting-With-M/37

I lack the conversational IQ to argue with your statements, so I'm just going to post this gif instead.

Okay.

And yes, I do realize it's the same website. I'm just differentiating the bulk download section as a separate entity because retroroms.info is basically just a forum on its own.

Nothing that can't be found on other websites, like emuparadise.me

The link you posted doesn't even have the Mame 0.194 update.
Where do you think that site gets its roms from?

All that I see you do on this forum is demand stuff and then insult members when you don't get everything spoon-fed to you.

Go troll on another site.

Feel free to download stuff somewhere else, that's not forbidden. One file per day is not correct, how do you try downloading stuff? We have restrictions like "1 file at the time", if you broke such a rule you are blocked for 24h.

If you want you can send us your time and date when you have tried it to download stuff. We have investigate such cases in the past and found most of them that the client/Browser/downloader has caused the error. But feel free to PM me for that.

This sites download area has most up-to-date in the download area.

Got most from planetemu.net ->catching up.

Got some many out of date from: emuparadise.me

This is the best site to keep up  to date.

made an app gtk+ (linux) to find missing roms so easily and l always come back to this sites

download area when Mame Database Updates.

Attached file make executable in linux,  and been working at this for months.

CheckRoms88.9K7 downloads

The link you posted doesn't even have the Mame 0.194 update.
Where do you think that site gets its roms from?

All that I see you do on this forum is demand stuff and then insult members when you don't get everything spoon-fed to you.

Go troll on another site.

It updates its packs a bit slower. I don't know how fast they update it because I personally don't download update packs. MAME 0.194 is fairly new. I'm assuming they use rom updater to create their update packs.

I don't demand stuff at all. I just asked for another site like this that has better download protocol. Then you and Mucci started being condescending for no reason to which I replied accordingly. If you actually read what I wrote, you will realize that I wasn't demanding anything except an answer to my question.

One file per day is not correct, how do you try downloading stuff? We have restrictions like "1 file at the time", if you broke such a rule you are blocked for 24h.

Other users reported the same issue http://www.retroroms.info/forum/topic/Can-t-download-being-repeatedly-asked-to-login.htm

I didn't even download anything, I just accessed a text file to see if my username and password works. After that, I couldn't download anything for 24 hours, so I assumed accessing files counts as a download.

I just got done downloading 2 roms, so I guess my restriction is over now. I don't see "1 file at a time" rule written anywhere.

I'm not into downloading 60 GB zip file just to extract 200 specific roms.
I want individual up to date rom files, not full romset or update packs.
Ideally, someone would upload new roms to up to date mega.nz folder instead of uploading update packs
I don't demand stuff at all.

1) I'm not into downloading 60 GB zip file just to extract 200 specific roms.
I want individual up to date rom files, not full romset or update packs.
2) Ideally, someone would upload new roms to up to date mega.nz folder instead of uploading update packs
3) I don't demand stuff at all.

1) Without context, that sounds like a demand. I was clarifying my needs so that appropriate website may be linked. I even said "Sorry if I sound needy, I was just trying to clarify my needs" which is exactly what I was doing there. I can't demand what already exists on this website. If I was demanding something, it would be to have normal download protocol, not something that already exists.

2) Just a suggestion, not a demand.

3) I stand by my words.

@sfiii3n

you want individual Downloads, missing roms and not the hole set -> my answer was clear, we can not offers that nor do I know other places that offers this. Try to use a rommanager (maybe my docu helps you @mameguide.info) and post a fix.dat with only your missings. Hope that someone of the members do a search for your missing and uploads it somewhere. I have done this also in the past to help people. But you have to know that it does need time and a user that wants to help you.

your link -> complaing that we have only complete set, as far that I see also your posted website does offering complete sets. You must download a lot of not wanted files there too.

BDA -> yeah we know that it is not perfect. The forumsoftware and the downloadsection are not the same "software". BDA is linked to a NAS where we have stored our roms. If you need a lot of files I recommend to use a downloadmanager like jdownloader.

People have Problems -> http://www.retroroms.info/forum/topic/Can-t-download-being-repeatedly-asked-to-login.htm -> I Count 8 People there. We have 6870 registered people, I don't know the stats but I think a lot of them has no problem to download files. My offers still exists -> If people have problems downloading stuff -> contact czokie and give him details when you have tried (date/time/username) and he can check our logs what went wrong.

1 file at the time -> yeah maybe not mentioned in a FAQ (nobody reads it either ;-))

http://www.retroroms.info/forum/topic/Can-t-download-being-repeatedly-asked-to-login.htm

http://www.retroroms.info/forum/topic/Download-Managers-Upgraded-Accounts-.htm

It is there mentioned by czokie. 

...and please remember this website here is just for fun and not for profit. We do not spend all our freetime to perfects it so it is maybe not perfect as you would like. We host roms for a long time now  and we have an "up-to-date" section -> can't remember another site that do this in the same way. Im compiling MAME daily from the github source and uploads the added files immediately when I have them .....

I said I don't have 1 file per day restriction anymore, and another rom website with up to date roms doesn't seem to exist, so I'll stick to http://bda.retroroms.info/ for now.

Checkroms:

Attached the wrong file a couple of days ago. Mr Jack Daniels weekend :(

Source files and screen shots included. Mame is a good excuse to learn coding ;)

Made my own app to find missing, and have all roms now and works for me.

I am not a perfect coder.

Note: Another code project demux.s all mame XML data and sorts it all and will add that code at later date.

When I found all the missing roms, became interested in the aspect ratio of mame screenshots, so coded an inbuilt gfx editor.

No Licences, do with it as you wish. Only created to fix my own Mame Missing Roms.

Change checkrom app permission flag to executable, or compile it yourself.

CheckRoms.cbp == code::blocks

CheckRoms_mame.tar.gz1.7M6 downloads

Gamulator is probably one of the most used ROM websites in recent times to download the best working roms. The interface of their website is really simple and helps you find the game you are looking for even if you do not know the complete name of it. It is safe to download as you have no virus threat. They provide you the option to download the game directly or through a download manager.

You could try my immature index : http://90.230.15.92/

I only have affaid about nintendo files, because they soon can dissapear in a single click online for good. They are making internet to stop downloading files. And it calls Starlink. foot-in-mouth I hope mame devs can save us from the licence. I really love Super Nintendo and NES, and why we don´t have yet on fbneo, the emulator is not compatible? We need it and it's important.

I only have affaid about nintendo files, because they soon can dissapear in a single click online for good. They are making internet to stop downloading files. And it calls Starlink. foot-in-mouth I hope mame devs can save us from the licence. I really love Super Nintendo and NES, and why we don´t have yet on fbneo, the emulator is not compatible? We need it and it's important.

fbneo has NES

fbneo has NES

Yes Logan i know, but i want SNES in there. undecided

Your index looks quite nice.

Can we find Amiga game roms to play with MAME Emulator in your index?

MAME has the "Software List" component which was previously called "MESS", I don't really follow the Software List too much.

But I do know that WinUAE is the better/best standalone emulator for Amiga.

MAME has the "Software List" component which was previously called "MESS", I don't really follow the Software List too much.

But I do know that WinUAE is the better/best standalone emulator for Amiga.

I tried both WinUAE and FS-UAE. FS-UAE is better than WinUAE in terms of compatibility and gameplay.

Thanks for your answer though.

FS-UAE is better than WinUAE in terms of compatibility and gameplay.

Weird, because FS-UAE uses the WinUAE engine.

FS-UAE is better than WinUAE in terms of compatibility and gameplay.

Weird, because FS-UAE uses the WinUAE engine.

FS-UAE's interface is more practical, compatible and modern compared to WinUAE. 

It also has an amazing Arcade mode, where you can see the original cover photos of Amiga Games released back to 90's.

You can also sign up to retrogames database and download hundreds of Amiga Games and play them with joy, which are absent in WinUAE. 

How can it be more compatible when it uses the same engine?

How can it be more compatible when it uses the same engine?

Having the same engine does not mean WinUAE is better. 

Most people in the present time prefer modern emulators like FS-UAE.

WinUAE is an old emulator which lacks functionality like FS-UAE has.

In FS-UAE, 

1- You can save and load states with F12 In game menu function,

2-  You can choose different ADF files for a single game with F12 in game menu function,

3- You can change game inputs, either keyboard, joystick or mouse with F12 In game menu function,

4- You can change the resolution scale, you can mute or change the volume level, you can emulation warp mode and many other features with F12 in game menu function,

5- You can enter amazing Amiga Arcade mode where you can practically examine all the Amiga games released back in 90's and play with one touch,

Which are ABSENT in WinUAE.  

You did'nt address the real question, compatability should be the same as WinUAE

F12 opens settings in WinUAE where you can do all things you listed except "amazing Amiga Arcade mode".

The last FS-UAE release was over a year ago, so I think WinUAE should be more compatible than FS-UAE now.

F12 opens settings in WinUAE where you can do all things you listed except "amazing Amiga Arcade mode".

The last FS-UAE release was over a year ago, so I think WinUAE should be more compatible than FS-UAE now.

You cannot open a practical interface when you hit F12 in WinUAE. When you hit F12 in WinUAE, the main interface opens.

As for FS-UAE, you can open a in game menu when you hit F12.

For me, FS-UAE is better.

Loggan, I started downloading your nice database.

I have seen that there folders there except Mame folder,

Can they be used with MAME emulator or another emulator?

FinalBurn Neo : FBNeo - AppVeyor

The rest are just rom folders

FinalBurn Neo : FBNeo - AppVeyor

The rest are just rom folders

You mean I can use them with MAME Emulator?

Are they game roms or BIOS roms?

which part, the FBN is a separate emulator, you could rebuild some of those roms.

for mame software (list), i dunno, you could use clrmamepro to rebuild whatever is matching, never touched software list though.