Forums  ›  Emulators: Mame  ›  General

Very old dog needs new tricks with qsound.hle

HI all, I just restarted using MAME what with all the free time we have now. My old HDD gave up the ghost a week or two back and the really old version of MAME i had gone with it. When I say really old, I'm talking 5 years in the past with no updates. So now Iv'e decided to move into the 21st century with all new ROMs and the new .220 patch but I keep having issues with the qsound.hle file not being able to load in my files. I checked online and they said to come here to download updated ROMs, but I am still having this issue. I see a lot of complicated solutions to this problem but I can't make head or tail of it. Can someone please simply explain to me what I need to do to get updated ROMs or a version of the software to run it?

Generate a dat from mame executable using romcenter and scan your roms.

These probably work but Cristiano's solution is the most obvious to find out what else is missing!

qsound.zip2.6K84 downloads
qsound_hle.zip2.6K172 downloads

Thanks for the help, but I have no idea what a dat is or how to make it. I'm completely new at this, sorry if its simple and I'm just dumb

Seems easy. Try to download those files from the mame romset: qsound.zip and qsound_hle.zip. 

Your games should work now.

Retro Danuart Youtube

or you could start from scratch with an updated Mame 0.220 rom set

https://archive.org/details/mame0.220romssplit.7z

Noticed the link is to a split set. Do you need the parent to get it working?

Or is this split set enough with MAME .220 to run?

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

yes it is!!