Forums  ›  RetroRoms  ›  Feedback

Unable to d/l allotment

Hello, I was in contact with czokie about not being able to download the allotment of my membership which is 2000. For the past 3 days it went from 299 to 161 to 189 between 24 hour periods. I'm not sure if he's unable to look into this since he got out of the hospital, is there another admin that can correct this please?

For the benefit of others... What I have confirmed is as follows:

1. If using normal browsers without download managers, things work fine.
  2. If using other tools that try multi requests per file, this MAY be recored and counted twice, depending on how your software makes requests.

Short term answer - its been like this for two years since we installed the current software. In that time, we have had one case where this was specifically reported. Solution: Use different tools. If your computer is making multiple requests per file, that all consumes compute and network resources...

Longer term answer - I will see what can be done to allow the system to work nicer with non standard tools - but no timeline promises at this stage.

CZ

I got the same. I want to know where I can see how many files I have downloaded and when 24h period will expire so I can download 2000 files again.

Thanks

I'm having the same issue. I should have been able to download 500 today, but only managed to download 39, before getting a 401 for each subsequent request.

Yesterday I managed to do 195, and I was also using wget, so I don't think using a download manager explains the huge difference between yesterday and today's yield.

I can see each request it's making, and it didn't make 500. It did make one or two requests to the same domain (which weren't the zip files), but not enough to reach 500. I just added a RegEx filter to make sure that it won't do them again next time.

Would anyone be able to reset?

Having more luck today. Just needed to use a RegEx filter and set the retry count to 1. Seems to be working a lot better now.

Forums  ›  RetroRoms  ›  Feedback