Forums  ›  Romz  ›  InSearchOf

Street Fighter III and Later SF

Hi!

I'm pretty new to MAME, ROMs, and Emulations. I've managed to get by up till now. So any directions explained like I was 5 would be great and/or links.

I have MAME 0.235 and had downloaded a romset from archived dot organization ;) and a lot of the games work which is great!

I am trying to get all the Street Fighter arcade games to work in MAME.

I am running into trouble though getting Street Fighter III: New Generation (and later SF games in the series ) to play, MAME shows them in green and working but I get the following message when I try to open and play them:

Images for the selected system are missing or incorrect. Please acquire the correct files:

cap-sf3-3 (sfiii)  /romset sfiiia

cap-3ga000 /romset sfiii2

cap-33s-1 /romset sfiii3ur1

cap-33s-2 /romset sfiii3

cap-sf3-3 /romset sfiii

I think the above are CHD files? If so, how can or where can I get them?

Do I put them in my ROM folder which houses all my rooms or do I need to take the individual CHD and put them into the correct ROM folder for the particular game?

As a side note, I was able to get Mortal Kombat 1-3 and UMK3 to work, MAME always says there's a missing file when I play them but the games work just fine and run great so not sure what that's all about.

On Mortal Kombat 4 I get an error message:

Images for the selected system are missing or incorrect. Please acquire the correct files461_mortal_k_4_25_u76.u76 /romset mk4

Any directions, links, videos, good vibes, are welcomed and very much appreciated!

Thank you in advance and look forward to making friends on here!!

sfiii folder with cap-sf3-3.chd inside

sfiii2 folder with cap-3ga000.chd inside

sfiii3 folder with cap-33s-1.chd and cap-33s-2.chd inside

Drop these into the roms folder.

Save space this way. Now for the roms for these. Keep the roms split. Not merge.

Click on the DOWNLOADS tab. Find the missing roms there.

MAME does give a missing rom error. Happen random for some reason when loaded and unloaded a lot of games while MAME still loaded up.. Reload MAME and then reload the game again to see that error go away. If it still showing then redownload the roms. Doesn't happen when using a frontend because it unload MAME completely. Also doesn't happen when using command line as well.

Most excellent, thank you very much!

Hi guys, I'm new to MAME too, I'm using OpenEmu experimental with the Mame 0.235 core.

I too am trying to make sfiii work. I have downloaded this CHD https://bda.retroroms.info:82/downloads/mame/CHDs/sfiii/cap-sf3-3.chd

But I get the error INCORRECT SET

Any tips?

I downloaded again one of the romsets and it's working now, I must have had a bad set.

Forums  ›  Romz  ›  InSearchOf