Forums  ›  RetroRoms  ›  Broken ROM Reports

Segasp (Mame) has incorrect roms

Segasp for Mame in the BDA is wrong, I attached the correct one.
It has to do with the ic72 roms having the same CRC32 but a different SHA-1.

Same thing goes for Seganetw, that was reported over a year ago here and is again incorrect in the BDA.

Maybe do a full scan with SHA-1 enabled to see if there are other romsets like these two.

segasp.zip3.4M33 downloads

The segasp romset in the BDA is still broken after today's 0.218 update.

segasp.zip4.1M19 downloads

I have replaced both.

And saying it again: Our scan tool on the linux server can only check CRC32 and is not able to check SHA-1 checksum.

That's the reason why sometimes the wrong rom is added to a set. I am thankful when you reported it here.

And sometimes I do "overlook" some post by mistake, sorry for that.

And saying it again: Our scan on the linux server can only check CRC32 and is not able to check SHA-1 checksum.

This is the first time I hear that the Linux server can check only CRC32.

hmmmmmmm yeah you are right ..........but I have never seen that Linux-server is scanning MAME files ;-)

ADVSCAN does do that job with a really nice update script from czokie.

ADVSCAN is a command line rommanager also for Linux but it is outdated. We are using that tool for updateing direct on the server, otherwise I don't see another way for having the set complete. We know that it has this limitation for scanning files only with CRC32.

If someone have another method or knows something better -> please contact czokie.

We have no GUI on the server so CLRMAME with Wine is not an option. 

I actually meant that I never saw you mention it before.

Maybe this can help?

Linux and Unix sha1sum command tutorial with examples

Cheers ;)

@noone: no problem, maybe it was in the old forum ...who cares ;-)

@shangima: Its not that no tools are around for creating/checking SHA-1. It is the same for windows, you need a rommanager that can read the MAME XML structure and knows how split/merged sets are created and what rom/sample/chd is needed based on the information. otherwise you have to program it yourselve ;-)