Forums  ›  Emulators: Mame  ›  General

Questions About Downloads

Hey,

Just had a few questions about downloads:

1. In the event that I have a fresh download of MAME 0.222, what would be the optimal way of utilizing the downloads? For example, would I head to downloads>mame>mame-0222-full and grab everything there, and then next go for the CHDs and the  updates folder?

2. What is the amount of downloads we are allowed to do in a day?

3. The MAME 0.XXX ROMs sooner (arcade + mess) posts, do I start grabbing those after I have gotten everything else?

4. I've never really used any of the mess stuff, but would things like the bios and testdrivers all go in the same place I put the mame ROMs, or do I need to make a completely separate folder for mess?

Thank you guys for all your help.

1: Emulator "official MAME 0.222" -> All roms are in mame-0222-full folder (Current point to this full folder), some games requires CHD -> CHD or CHD_temp folder

As MAME includes "MESS" ->  if you collect everything for it you would also need the Software-list stuff (RR does not offer this to download)

2. Username -> Account -> Membership -> Allowed action . The amount for downloading depends on the Membership status

3. In the upgrade folder "update" (Sooner thread) are upcoming added roms/set, in our case for offical MAME 0.223. Keep in mind that in this folder are not complete roms, That means "Full folder" + "update" -> rebuild with an ROMmanager -> Full update version. As I update this "update" folder daily you have to do it a lot of time ;-)

Most of the people are collecting/downloading the roms from the update folder and waits until the next offical MAME version is published. Then they update their set with this "update" folder. If you want to use those ROMs in the update folder earlier in the MAME emulator you have to compile MAME yourself as an unofficial build ....

4. As MAME and MESS is now together all roms are in the same folder. Yes you could separate those ROMS, but in that case you must have separate DAT-files. MAME can have more than 1 ROM-Folder for storing the files. Softwarelists that are used for Systems (like c64, MESS-Stuff) are normally stored in a separate folder