Forums  ›  Romz  ›  InSearchOf

PCem v15 is out!

And naturally I'm missing the BIOS / whatever for the new machines and video gizmos added. Which are:

Machines: Zenith Data SupersPort, Bull Micral 45, Tulip AT Compact, Amstrad PPC512/640, Packard Bell PB410A, ASUS P/I-P55TVP4, ASUS P/I-P55T2P4, Epox P55-VA, FIC VA-503+

Videocards: Image Manager 1024, Sigma Designs Color 400, Trigem Korean VGA

Any takers?

Here are the ones I have. The only one missing is PB410A

roms.rar488.4K157 downloads

Oops, forgot the video cards... I can't find the files for Image Manager 1024, although it appears as available in the card list...

roms2.rar133K151 downloads

Then maybe it doesn't need specific roms? BTW, my install of PCem is starting to look messy, I wish we had a datfile for these roms...

And thank you very much for the files... other ROMs I have an idea where they will eventually pop up, but PCem...

I wish we had a datfile for these

That's sounds good.

I guess I could drop the idea at the PCem message board. What's the worst that could happen?

Hi Guys,

I did created a DAT file for PCem 1.15 roms. I don't know it is complete or not, but these I have.
You can use it temporary to check if you don't have some of them.

If anybody have files that are not on this DAT please support to help to complete.

I have set some of the ROMs to status = "nodump" because I do not have them.
I do not know how many Roms are in detail and what their names are, but the folder was there
and I wanted to know which ones they are.

Cheers

- Read-only cassette emulation for IBM PC and PCjr

Example:
Load Diagnostics.pzx
LOAD"ldcass
RUN

Diagnostics.pzx73.2K42 downloads
Diagnostics_1.png9.7K60 views
Diagnostics_2.png12.2K42 views

A question about PCjr... are cartridge games supported?

Hello,

Because I'm busy and away from the emulation scene, can you please upload the latest full bios pack?

Thanks

hello i have found the pb410a bios have a nice day

if you are on linux make sure the filename is all uppercase :)

pb410a.zip55.8K130 downloads

Here it is what I found:

PCem roms

Attached: Update of DAT file with the rom of sphagettiman24

Cheers

A question about PCjr... are cartridge games supported?

Cartridges are not supported but you can try cantridge games on floppy.

https://www.brutman.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=364

here is a few roms not in shanigma's dat

https://www77.zippyshare.com/v/z7RTmyfO/file.html

Three more that's not in the dat

roms.1.zip232.8K104 downloads

Seems the dat uses the old ET4000 rom that was replaced with a better one (that comes from MAME). The one currently in the dat uses the weird mirrored J as a l, the one (added to this post) has a proper l.

et4000.zip16K92 downloads

I'm wonder if it's complete now

PCem_v15_SystemRoms.zip11.1M263 downloads

@lodan looks OK. Added one That I missed, that I got from a friend on discord

One thing I seem to have missed is that in my upload I had one of the paths wrong. it shouldn't be pb_1300sx but pb_l300sx.

mach64gx.zip19.6K113 downloads

Thanks to you all mates,

attached the new complete set as DAT file for all who need (hopefully).

Cheers

hello i have found the pb410a bios have a nice day

if you are on linux make sure the filename is all uppercase :)

veri muc tank.

:D

Hello,

Because I'm busy and away from the emulation scene, can you please upload the latest full bios pack?

Thanks

daffyduck check my PM.
My ROMs folder for you. Of course with the Image Manager 1024.

daffyduck check my PM.
My ROMs folder for you. Of course with the Image Manager 1024.

Can this be shared in public?

So, does anyone else have the Image Manager 1024 rom and want to share it for everyone?

@noone

These are untested, but based on a google search they should be the ones your looking for.

IM1024.rar14.6K77 downloads

As I know, the following files,

IM1024.DRV Vermont Microsystems Inc. Image Manager 1024

IM1024.GRB

IM1024.LGO

VMILO.FON

is the Device Driver from 'Microsoft Windows Device Driver Library (1987) Volume 1' disk 1, it is for windows 1.x use.

Not the hardware Roms!

One thing I seem to have missed is that in my upload I had one of the paths wrong. it shouldn't be pb_1300sx but pb_l300sx.

fix it

So, does anyone else have the Image Manager 1024 rom and want to share it for everyone?

Hi Guys,

a little update. Including Image Master 1024. Hope it is complete now.

My dat file is also attached.

PM to me for PW

Cheers

PCem - SystemFilesUpdate

euee´s (Japanese) PCem V1.5 version with the new NVL.dll library (Windows 32/64-bit).
http://euee.web.fc2.com/tool/nvl/pcemnvl.html
It support a lot of different hard disk image formats like *.VHD, *.VMDK, *.VHDX. *.VDI, ...
For convert different hard disk image formats you can use NHC.
I made a English version (32-bit).
http://euee.web.fc2.com/tool/nhc.html#nhc

I made a English version (32-bit).

Thank you for contribute and sharing. cool

euee´s (Japanese) PCem V1.5 version with the new NVL.dll library (Windows 32/64-bit)

Hi AnnaWu,

have you the euee´s (Japanese) PCem V1.5 version with the new NVL.dll library (Windows 32/64-bit) also in english compiled? It would be nice if you share the new Emu for us all.

Thanks in advance.

The binaries are already compiled. The GUI is in English language.

https://sites.google.com/site/eueeno/file/pcemnvl32_20190525.zip?attredirects=0&d=1 (32-bit)
https://sites.google.com/site/eueeno/file/pcemnvl64_20190525.zip?attredirects=0&d=1 (64-bit)

I think the FileOpen dialog for the hard disk images should should be improved.
Use All files (*.*) to load Virtualbox and VMWare images.

Thanks again. cool

euee-san added the FileOpen dialog filter for HardDisk images.(Ver. 2019/06/01)
https://sites.google.com/site/eueeno/file/pcemnvl32_20190601.zip?attredirects=0&d=1 (32-bit)
https://sites.google.com/site/eueeno/file/pcemnvl64_20190601.zip?attredirects=0&d=1 (64-bit)

pcem.cfg
[wxWidgets]
open_hd_file_filter = HardDisk image (*.img)|*.img|VMware (*.vmdk)|*.vmdk|VMware2 (*.dsk)|*.dsk|VirtualPC Variable/Fixed (*.vhd)|*.vhd|VirtualBox (*.vdi)|*.vdi|Hyper-V (vhdx)|*.vhdx|Parallels Desktop (*.hdd)|*.hdd|QEMU (*.qcow)|*.qcow|All files (*.*)|*.*

Can I have the Image Manager 1024 roms, please? Without PM or passwords or anything like that.

Thanks a lot for every body!

Hi everyone! My thanks to all of you for gathering all of these in one place. I haven't seen them anywhere else. PCem roms confuse the hell out of me. Could someone send me a verified complete (as much as possible) zip of all these? Also, since I'm on linux, do I need to rename all these uppercase or something? Thanks in an advance to anyone who can help!

Hi Guys,

a little update. Including Image Master 1024. Hope it is complete now.

My dat file is also attached.

PM to me for PW

Cheers

PCem - SystemFilesUpdate

Hi Shanigma, could you send me the password for PCem - SystemFilesUpdate please? Thanks.

could you send me the password

Hi gnav, check your PM

Hi gnav, check your PM

Got it, thanks!

you can find that set here without the need of  having password:

https://mega.nz/#F!9ZdQwaaY!u63KaI0MsKcIqWE2GQmUuA

hello

i just wanted do say that the bios for the diamond stealth 3d 2000 in the rom collection from Lodans link is faulty !!

when you use a pentium system (all socket 5 all cpus or socket 7 cpus above 120 mhz only)
the diamond will show only monochrom colors in dos text mode and in mainboard bios !
(however games seems to work fine)

according to people in pcem board a wrong diamond bios is causing the monochrom output.

and seems they are right the v15 diamond uses another bios file compared to v14
in v14 the card identifies itself as "diamond stealth 3d 2000 1.02" with rom from v15 it says
"s3 86c325 100-05 325 edo m50-01"

all other gfx cards work fine

guess it would be good to use the old diamond stealth 3d 2000 bios from v14.

btw: can smb tell me the name of the bios file for the diamond stealth 3d 2000
in the v15 rom pack are some bios files renamed as "other"
i guess the old diamond bios is still there but i dont know which file it is.

thx

edit: found it its the s3virge.bin cool

to fix the monochrome bug just replace the s3virge.bin with s3virge.bin.other
and the original diamond bios (v 1.02) is used instead of the general s3virge 325 bios
(seems the general bios is not fully compatible with the diamond card)

may be smb have a newer original bios for the diamond stealth 3d 2000
(on a picture i saw that cards with 2.02 and 2.14 bios exist but seems there is no dump of it)

Are any of the other ROMs faulty? I can put a fixed pack together.

so far everything else i tested seems to work

Here ya go! I simply swapped out the s3virge.bin files. The correct one is now s3virge.bin and the generic one is now s3virge.bin.other.

PCem_v15_system_roms.zip12.4M149 downloads

Here ya go! I simply swapped out the s3virge.bin files. The correct one is now s3virge.bin and the generic one is now s3virge.bin.other.

I can not believe this. No offense. Come on, are we now so stupid to download a whole new package where only 2 files must be renamed so that the package I have uploaded have no graphic error displays in bios? I think you should have that much idea if you work on the pc and handle with emulators.

Oh no matter, do what you think that is the right thing.

I can not believe this. No offense. Come on, are we now so stupid to download a whole new package where only 2 files must be renamed so that the package I have uploaded have no graphic error displays in bios? I think you should have that much idea if you work on the pc and handle with emulators.

Oh no matter, do what you think that is the right thing.

I understand your frustration, dude! Really, I do, and I'm sorry if I made you upset. I only did it so people wouldn't have to go through the trouble. I've been using emulators for nearly ten years, and troubleshooting emulators is quite fun for me, but I've met people who just want everything to work from the get-go....which usually doesn't happen regardless. I actually managed to hunt down the AMI 386DX ROM and get it working on PCem myself when it was first supported because the ROM packs didn't include it.

I'm just trying to make things easier, and I'm sorry for your frustration.

I'm just trying to make things easier, and I'm sorry for your frustration.

I am not frustrated. No problem. I just wanted to mention it, that's all. At least you have the decency to clarify it.

to get back to the bios cool....

the diamond bios is v1.02 and very old
(btw the generic bios is from s3 and v1.00-05)

i saw a picture from a diamond stealth 3d 2000 with bios 2.14
it was from 2011....
may be the guy still has the card and wants to dump the bios (i heard its easy with gpu-z)

i guess asking diamond multimedia for a file makes not much sence.

Forums  ›  Romz  ›  InSearchOf