Forums  ›  Romz  ›  InSearchOf

Outstanding Mame SL from Mame 0.207

A major thank you to everyone that participates in this awesome hobby and that assists with the preservation of gaming and PC history.  For the past 2 months I have been working to complete the Mame SL lists.  After googling high/low and following every active and broken link, archive, and torrent I could find I am asking for help from the experts.  This has been a fun scavenger hunt.  I appreciate any assistance you may be able to provide with any of the following dats.  I can see that many of these were addressed years ago but current links are broken.  Thank you.

bbc_rom (8); cd32 (51); ekara (1); ekara_japan (29); ekara_japan_g (2); ekara_japan_m (1); ekara_japan_s (7); ekara_japan_web (1); ekara_pal (6); ekara_us (10); fmtowns_cd (380); ibm5170_cdrom (206); megacdj (132); pc98 (2); pcecd (1); pcfx (12); psx (1705); saturn (22); segacd (23); snes_vkun (1); vsmile_cart (6)

fix_snes_vkun.dat746B6 downloads
fix_ekara_us.dat3.1K3 downloads
fix_ekara_pal.dat2.1K2 downloads
fix_ekara_japan_s.dat2.4K2 downloads
fix_ekara_japan_m.dat779B1 downloads
fix_segacd.dat28.2K1 downloads
fix_saturn.dat7.8K1 downloads
fix_psx.dat472.1K2 downloads
fix_pcecd.dat774B1 downloads
fix_pc98.dat1.9K1 downloads
fix_megacdj.dat36.1K1 downloads
fix_ibm5170_cdrom.dat59.8K1 downloads
fix_fmtowns_cd.dat114.6K2 downloads
fix_ekara_japan.dat8.5K1 downloads
fix_ekara.dat759B1 downloads
fix_cd32.dat12.6K2 downloads
fix_bbc_rom.dat3.3K4 downloads
fix_vsmile_cart.dat2.1K2 downloads

psx (1705)

From the homepage of this site: This site is arcade related

Besides, your request is 1TB; maybe try PD instead.

First, I can recommend you to check if you have everything from this page to restrict your search.

https://archive.org/details/MAME_0.202_Software_List_ROMs_merged
https://archive.org/details/MESS_0.149_CHD_psx

The CD games like dc, fmtowns, segacd, saturn, cd32, psx, megacd etc. are spending too much space
to find working download lists that are complete (I would say it is impossible without torrent).
For this it would be interesting for you that you find a forum that can help you there.

Without the CD/CHD games from your SL folder may take round about 80-90 GB, you need some efford
to archive this. But don't think this will be a 5minute task.

Cheers

I appreciate the feedback.  The referenced links have already been reviewed and run through Clrmame Pro.  The resulting .dat files represent what is missing and/or not easily located.   I chose this area of the forum based on it being the location for MAME 0.xxx ROMs sooner (arcade + mess).  Many of the smaller items were addressed in this section of the forum as part of older 'sooner' posts but the links have since expired.  Please note, I show the number of individual items in ( ) above, many are single digits.

I fully understand the PSX directory is a massive undertaking.  Would anyone be able to assist with any of the smaller items?

Thanks for taking a look.

All the ekara roms are probably in the backup folder of Clrmamepro.

Thanks for the backup directory tip, unfortunately, not there.  In theory if they were to be in the backup folder they should show up in any of the updates still on Mega (.195 - .207 are still active) or in one of the (almost) complete SL updates on archive.org.  While there are some (dats are partial) the items in the dats represent what are currently unavailable.

Then maybe try PD instead.

Thanks for the backup directory tip, unfortunately, not there.  In theory if they were to be in the backup folder they should show up in any of the updates still on Mega (.195 - .207 are still active) or in one of the (almost) complete SL updates on archive.org.  While there are some (dats are partial) the items in the dats represent what are currently unavailable.

Check your PM

Thank you for all of the help I have received!  Almost there, PD is outstanding.

Any help possibly on these 4 small items?

ibm5170_cdrom:

- acercpr

pc98:

- pbrandnew (brandish_renewal_disk1.mfm, brandish_renewal_disk3.mfm)

- brandnewc (disk 2.fdi, disk 3.fdi, master disk.fdi)

- brandnewca (bran_a.d88, bran_b.d88)c98: 

Once I have those out of the way I will only be missing CHDs from fmtowns_cd, dat attached.  

Thank you.

fix_fmtowns_cd.dat21.7K1 downloads

IBM and FM Towns found, only 3 to go...

pc98:

- pbrandnew (brandish_renewal_disk1.mfm, brandish_renewal_disk3.mfm)

- brandnewc (disk 2.fdi, disk 3.fdi, master disk.fdi)

- brandnewca (bran_a.d88, bran_b.d88)c98: 

The final three that drove me nuts... Hope they help someone else!  Thanks for all of the assistance I received.

brandnew.zip3.9M25 downloads
brandnewc.zip2.7M20 downloads
brandnewca.zip2.7M20 downloads
Forums  ›  Romz  ›  InSearchOf