Forums  ›  RetroRoms  ›  Off Topic

One of the greates sites is history

Sad to hear that it is offline, history. Rest in Peace. It was a great time and yeah I understand it "it is how it is".

Thanks for the time, all the best for the crew.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pleasuredome/

What happened?

I've been on PD about as long as I've been on RR. Both have been awesome thru the years and it's like the passing of a dear friend. 

Today is really sad day to the rom community

This is some pretty sad news. Another site closed, Been a member for about 14 years.

It's not quite dead. From 0.236, just MAME and HBMAME magnet torrents will exist. No tracker, no membership, no ratios, no shitlist, no banning.

All those who got banned before can try again.

It's not quite dead. From 0.236, just MAME and HBMAME magnet torrents will exist. No tracker, no membership, no ratios, no shitlist, no banning.

All those who got banned before can try again.

Hope they deals SL-CHD's too. They are even harder to get nowfrown

Harder? You can get the updates here.

Well, crap, at least that site helped me get fully set up on MAME and HBMAME, now I guess it back to me hoping this site can continue that. Without having the rollbacks anymore, hopefully this works out.

Harder? You can get the updates here.

For new ones, ye. I was talking about the old ones, you knowfrown

But you said in another thread that you couldn't access PD, so it won't be harder.

You'll know more in a couple days when Mame 0.236 gets released but it looks on github that SL will be in a torrent as well.

That sucks. I was invited to join that group about a week ago. 
Seems though, per an earlier comment, the site may still run or will be back up just modified. So that’s great!

It is not dead, you can easily continue to have free sites to get roms. They just need to change for protection. 

You'll know more in a couple days when Mame 0.236 gets released but it looks on github that SL will be in a torrent as well.

I didn't even notice the github link. That does feels a bit like a relief. Just too bad my free ticket I got for being on there a year went to waste, and I was nearing another milestone in how much I uploaded. But if they are continuing MAME and HBMAME on github, the two I used PD for, does make me feel better. So, thank you for pointing it out.

But you said in another thread that you couldn't access PD, so it won't be harder.

Oh, I just mean less people, less community as the time passing by. Not particularily refering to PD. Just in gereral sencelaughing

Anyway glad to hear that they are planning for the SL's as well.

I always downloaded MAME DATs from PD by the newuzer member, now that PD it's gone, I don't know where to go xD

I was able to download the dats from here: https://pleasuredome.github.io/pleasuredome/

YAY

I used that site to clean up my collections over the past 25yrs! When using dial-up to get a NES title that took 20MIN!!!

Sad they are gone, there will be another somewhere, somehow....

Few picture of PD , I will miss them!

You can generate DATs from the MAME EXE using clrmamepro, click Create and where is says filename choose the MAME EXE wink

Forums  ›  RetroRoms  ›  Off Topic