Forums  ›  Emulators: Mame  ›  General

Newbie Update Question

I have a computer that was set up with Hyperspin and all the Mame games (roms) back in either late 2016 or early 2017.

A lot of the roms don't work and I understand, I need to update to latest Mame (0.210) then update my roms.

My question as a noob is what do I download? The download section has mame210 full, update, update pack. So being a rookie I don't know where to begin.

Any guidance would be appreciated. I would also need to pay for a membership, just need to know which to buy that will accomplish what I am looking to achieve above.

Thank you.

Hello Garavar,

wellcome to our community. Example you have last 2016 / early 2017 MAME roms set, maybe you have roms for 0.181/0.182.
It is better you try to find a newer complete set (merged or split) and download it and after, fill these up from updatepack
to next version. You will find some update-packs here to start with.

I had the same before I started here my quest. Now I'm uptodate (except all the softwarelists files, these are extraordinary huge
and needs a lot of space).

User a Rom-Manager for this (CLRMamePro, ROM-Vault or other).
You can extract your DAT-files manually with: MAME64.exe -listxml > MAME64.dat.
Or you can download it at Progettosnaps.net.
Use this DAT file to scan your Roms and rebuild it to that version.

A useful start of update your MAME Roms-Set (Tutorial).

If you have all downloaded and updated and you have some that are not filled, post here a fix-DAT file (Reportfile from your used
Rom-Manager) and we will see how we can help you to fill your MAME Version.

I hope it was understandable, if you have further questions, do not be shy and post it here.

Cheers