Forums  ›  Emulators: Mame  ›  Frontend

MameUI64 0.189 Problems

Cannot run the new release of mameui64.

I get this mes0sage

Same error with the 32 bit version same with messui and messui64

Arcade executives run fine.

Running Windows 10 64 bit

I also reinstalled the c++ runtime

try to use a new folder, maybe one of the ini-files have a "bad entry".

check also the forum "news" @ mameworld.info (someone also reported errors there)

Delete mameui.ini and mame_g.ini .

It doesn't use runtimes (even though the message says otherwise).

Thanks, this helps, i was driving myself nuts, it worked the first time when i just put the .exe in my old folder, but i decided to place all files in, since i had a few versions back running on my drive, and it started up with that error. i can confirm that deleting the .ini files works in win10

Thanks, deleted mame_g.ini worked.

Deleting mess_g.ini fixed same problems with messui.

Just a few glitches, which I feel are non issues, just curiosities.

MameUI64, after closing the program, then restarting it, it doesn't start at the last image selected  or any.

32 bit mameui is fine.

I run audit all sets in MameUI64 and get this error.

mj3d: Romset NOT FOUND
outr2st     : gdx-0014a - NOT FOUND
scg06nt     : gdx-0018a - NOT FOUND
wangmid2    : gdx-0016a - NOT FOUND
wangmid2j: Romset NOT FOUND
Audit complete.

The files are there, so it is a non issue.

You can keep with the 32-bit as it works perfectly well, or you can download an updated 64-bit from the messui site.

If you do download the update, make sure you delete mame_g.ini again, or it will crash.

Delete mameui.ini and mame_g.ini .

It doesn't use runtimes (even though the message says otherwise).

Thanks so much for this - Worked perfectly :)

You can keep with the 32-bit as it works perfectly well, or you can download an updated 64-bit from the messui site.

Did you update the 64-bit version of MessUI too? Because the link doesn't work anymore.

The requested URL /messui189_64bit.7z was not found on this server.

The 64-bit version of MESSUI would have had the same issues as MAMEUI64, but since nobody complained, I assume that nobody uses it. So it was deleted. Use the 32-bit version as it will do the job.

Looks like the ini file layouts have changed and that's why it crashes. We have to set it all from scratch