Forums  ›  Emulators: Mame  ›  Frontend

MameUI Alternative - part 1001

I downloaded Ashura's build and it works, but it says it's version .251. How is that possible? not even .250 has been released yet.

It also features several options not present in "official" MAMEUI.

he just got the wrong number, he should have put 250 WIP (or GIT), it's as simple as that.

I downloaded Ashura's build and it works, but it says it's version .251. How is that possible? not even .250 has been released yet.

It also features several options not present in "official" MAMEUI.

That build is official since is compiled from the mameui source at github, with the latest changes from mame...

Retro Danuart Youtube

/me wonders what these several options not present in official mameui might be.

btw the wrong version number is on purpose - perhaps you can work out why.

just open "Default system options" in Ashura-X's build and you'll immediately notice several options not present in John IV's and/or Robbert's build (final version .248)

Edit: I checked and the options are the same, I must have been confused with an older version of MAMEUI...weird.

just open "Default system options" in Ashura-X's build and you'll immediately notice several options not present in John IV's and/or Robbert's build (final version .248)

Edit: I checked and the options are the same, I must have been confused with an older version of MAMEUI...weird.

So, is this ashura mameui recommendable or not ? (whether I offer it on my site or not ^^)

It's based about halfway between 0.249 and 0.250 with a version of 0.251, so you should NOT put it on your site. It would only confuse people.

Good things come to those who wait.

OK, thanks Robert ;-)

Good things come to those who wait.

The problem is some "others" are trying to stop UI.

And make others stop compiling of it.

The reason why Mamesick stop it, at least is still up there helping us and i want to thank him since day one.

I don´t wanna see this happen again, it hurts so many people.

Those who want to stop there is no feelings at all.

Even after covid there is no learn about life.

BletchMame, MAME Classic, and EmuCr are another good alternatives for MameUI. OpenEmu I heard is another good one. I mostly use BletchMame for mess stuff like computers, and consoles stuff.

missing the version of mame multijet it had the interface of the roms consoles too bad it was discontinued until 0.137 if only the author would make the source code available to continue the project

BletchMame, MAME Classic, and EmuCr are another good alternatives for MameUI. OpenEmu I heard is another good one. I mostly use BletchMame for mess stuff like computers, and consoles stuff.

Sorry, I meant to say Emuloader not EmuCr

So, i have downlaod the current ashura-x of mameui. I have read it's report wrong version... 0.251 but if it's correct it's based on mame .0249. So i can't use it if i have my little roms collection updated and fixed thru mame.exe for 0.250 ?

At this point the built-in gui on mame.exe it's not ok ?

So, i have downlaod the current ashura-x of mameui. I have read it's report wrong version... 0.251 but if it's correct it's based on mame .0249. So i can't use it if i have my little roms collection updated and fixed thru mame.exe for 0.250 ?

At this point the built-in gui on mame.exe it's not ok ?

That version belong to an intermediate point between 0.249 and 0.250, so probably some roms don't work.

Anyway don't worry too much and expect some christmas presents :)

Retro Danuart Youtube

Ashura's Build works just fine for me. I haven't tried every single game, though.

Also tried about half a dozen frontends and the only one that I found satisfactyory is MxUI (and maybe Emuloader too)

(I already had Emuloader (saddly, the author passed and it will no longer be updated), IV-PLAY, Bletchmame, MAME Classic, MxUI)

Most of them do not read snaps from the snaps.zip file, which is a deal breaker for me. MxUI and Emuloader do read the snaps.zip file, though.

UI 32-Bit Version 0.250 = "mameui250Git_32bit.7z" released on RETRODANUART GOOGLEDRIVE:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1eiNztWEpk0C7CiiZXz0SMDM_eJOmb0FO

If someone wants to compile from github now, you will have a proper real 0.251

if someone wants to test it -> under _compile https://mega.nz/folder/HZFlQALQ#7_j-rcBnkwRSgFsEEEjjLw I hope I have added everything

Thank you . i tested a few games and everything were working fine.

Since I'm away from home now, I'll compile 32bit versions a bit later...

Thanks Robert.

Retro Danuart Youtube

In mame 250 the game legend of hero tonma (rom loht) it doesn't work, but in 249 works well (with same rom). 

@Mucci, did you compile MAME .251 as well or only MAMEUI .251?

I see some .250rxxxx builds, but I wouldn't know how up-to-date- they are

@jvidal

hi, Mame 0.250rxxx is the build of 0.251, in the Mamefreeze folder is the latest version

thanks!

@Mucci

if someone wants to test it -> under _compile https://mega.nz/folder/HZFlQALQ#7_j-rcBnkwRSgFsEEEjjLw I hope I have added everything

Download the 0.251 from _compile folder........ now try to test some games :)

*EDIT*

What is this stuff? What i strange text appear when you try to quote a message ?

It's somethigs similar for recent mame 0.252 ?

Is there a UI version for 252 yet anyone know ?

People are hungry of MameUI :))))

Retro Danuart Youtube

MameUI was truly the best front end out there. So easy to use.

People are hungry of MameUI :))))

Lol... i have tryed to compile myselft following this guide:

https://www.retroroms.info/forum/topic/32-bit-Mame-and-other-distributions-executables.1001.htm#15747

But it's fail :)

It's someone can post a guide and if it's not very difficult to compile i will try on my pc and sharing it :)

For compiling the exe you only have to dowload the mash script at https://mameinfo.mameworld.info/ and follow the steps...

Retro Danuart Youtube

For compiling the exe you only have to dowload the mash script at https://mameinfo.mameworld.info/ and follow the steps...

i have tryed....... it's fail after about 10 minutes (already post the info by mail to Mash). I can't understand because... never compile in the pass :)

I have tryed to use "make -j3 OSD=winui" (really i don't remember if it's correct used my me... it's somethings similar) if i remember and it's fail.

After about 10 minutes of text....... it's fail whit:

Compressing src/mame/layout/zac_2.lay...
Compressing src/mame/layout/zac_proto.

lay...
Compressing src/mame/layout/zapcomputer.lay...
Compressing src/mame/layout/zodiac.lay...
Compressing src/mame/layout/zoo.lay...
...emp/MameUIBuild/msys64/tmp/mame-master/scripts/genie.lua:1458: Unsupported value 'winui' for OSD
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'error'
...emp/MameUIBuild/msys64/tmp/mame-master/scripts/genie.lua:1458: in main chunk
[C]: in upvalue 'builtin_dofile'
[string "premake = { }..."]:109: in function 'dofile'
[string "_WORKING_DIR = os.getcwd()..."]:46: in function '_premake_main'
make: *** [makefile:1102: build/projects/winui/mame/gmake-mingw64-gcc/Makefile] Error 1

Don't have idea how i need to do.

*EDIT*

Problably i miss some files... some preferences.... never tryed to compile in the pass.

For mameui you have to (32bit):

make -j5 TARGET=mame OSD=messui REGENIE=1 STRIP_SYMBOLS=1 NOWERROR=1 PTR64=0

(54bit):

make -j5 TARGET=mame OSD=messui REGENIE=1 STRIP_SYMBOLS=1 NOWERROR=1 PTR64=1

Set -jx to the number of cores from your computer...

Retro Danuart Youtube

For mameui you have to (32bit):

make -j5 TARGET=mame OSD=messui REGENIE=1 STRIP_SYMBOLS=1 NOWERROR=1 PTR64=0

(54bit):

make -j5 TARGET=mame OSD=messui REGENIE=1 STRIP_SYMBOLS=1 NOWERROR=1 PTR64=1

Set -jx to the number of cores from your computer...

ah messui ?? not OSD=winui ?

On readme.txt it's reported that..... it's wrong info ?

Anyway it's only need if and when Robbbert, or someone, can update the mameui source to 0.252 :)

Trust me, it works :)

Retro Danuart Youtube

any luck compiling UI 0.252?

any luck compiling UI 0.252?

Apparently it's need someone can update MameUI source.........

You can try to compile MessUI yourself...... if it's works share here.

Don't waste your time, there is no new mameui source and the messui code is outdated.

Wait for things to happen.

Retro Danuart Youtube

Quoted by

Don't waste your time, there is no new mameui source and the messui code is outdated.

Wait for things to happen.

Personally i understand...... after my one or two tentative never tryed again.
I have also deleted the "source" temp folder on my pc for free a lot of GB on my poor HD :)

MAMEUI 64 bit revived. Version "0.253 classic" released a couple of days ago.

MAMEUI 0.262 available at: http://www.mameui.info/

MAMEUI 0.263 available at: http://www.mameui.info/