Forums  ›  Emulators: Mame  ›  General

Mame SL files

Hi, I have the full MAME 0188u0 romset that I've cleaned up through Romcenter, the games run well. There's like 35000 files or so.

I was looking to update it and found the MAME SL 0220folder, its 70G. I've got it downloaded and if I drill down a bit it appears the roms are organized by system.

So,

1. Are the roms contained in the MAME SL folder the same ones a I already have, just organized differently?

2. Is there a way to just extract all of the roms from the parent folder in one fell swoop as there are literally thousands if I were to do it one-by-one?

or 3. Am I just confused about what I'm looking at in the MAME SL folder?

Thanks.

Ok

When you get the files from the MEGA site, the SL folder is software list rom image.

Awhile back, MESS was rolled into MAME. The software list are used by emulated machines.

The folders in the SL folder should be placed in the software folder located in MAME.

There's currently 622 folder in the current release.

The xml files in the hash folder in MAME are what clrrmamepro uses to manage these images.

Each xml file has a corresponding named software list folder.

Take for example the folder psx.

That is for the rom images for the Sony Playstation. Then  you can select when you run the Playstation emulatior

Attached is an image of  what I'm talking about.

Dropbox i being stubborn

Image2.jpg288.6K44 views