Forums  ›  Emulators: Mame  ›  General

MAME help?

Please help me!!!
I have a very old Taito Cocktail Cabinet which I bought in 2004 and built by a Tim Surman it’s run on an old Windows 95 machine.
In my wisdom, I decided to mess about with the rom list (as I had previously listed all the 100’s of games), I went through and deleted some of the roms, thinking that it would still be ok to run. But, it now can’t find any of the games with the message “No games found”.
I think that I’ve re-instated the deleted files, but it still comes up with the same error......
I’m getting withdrawal systems and I am worried that I’ll never see or hear many of my games again.
Could someone please advice me of what to do, I’m a complete novice!!
Thank you in advance.... 

First i would say upgrade the PC to current standards if possible.

When you reinstalled the ROMs were they a copy of the orignal ROMs you had or newer?

What version of the emulator you're running ... program (DOS or Windows front-end versions)?

Thanks for your suggestions.

I’ve upgraded the PC to Windows 10, slimline and downloaded the latest MAME emulator and the ROMs which I want, just a few tweaks to get everything back in order!!

Thanks for your suggestions.

I’ve upgraded the PC to Windows 10, slimline and downloaded the latest MAME emulator and the ROMs which I want, just a few tweaks to get everything back in order!!