Forums  ›  RetroRoms  ›  Feedback

IRC/Discord chat server

We are a long time on IRC (@Foreverchat/#Retroroms) with a chat server and the activities are nearly 0.........is it maybe time for...

I see that other sites has created Discord servers and uses them for chatting. What is your opinion? Should we start also our own Discord server? Would you join?

Do you use Discord also for other sites? What would be the benefit for us? Advantage/Disadvantage, tell us what you are thinking about this idea?

I'd use a Discord! Would be fun to discuss a lot of the retro game topics that pop up on the forums here.

I think as well, the benefit of a few #help channels would aid those with site problems / romset troubles, etc. from the community, without overloading the admins (unless the issue is site-specific).

Bonus roles for those paying members? (Admin support channel access, rather than community only support, etc.)

wow such a huge response ......

i use discord for emufrance etc... Discord is irc in 1998, very practical for the same reasons as at the time but more modern. You should make a channel amho :)

My thoughts Muci...

i think if you are heading up the discord channel would be good, organised, and well worth visiting... but i guess you have to balance that out with the workload for you too, but I really miss romshepard forums and we need a replacement for romshepard…  Could it be you Muci ;)

My thoughts Muci...

i think if you are heading up the discord channel would be good, organised, and well worth visiting... but i guess you have to balance that out with the workload for you too, but I really miss romshepard forums and we need a replacement for romshepard…  Could it be you Muci ;)

I host a forum here : https://mobasuite.com/forum/

Be kind to fellow members.

thanks for the feedback so far, would be nice to have more replies ;-)

Replace for RS? No we are not going to change our direction @RR, sorry. And replacement for RS was a Tor site and now a private discord server (do not ask me for an invite as I do not know you ...you have to find a "friend" yourself who would ask for an invite there)

And yes of course we have mobasuite.com, lovely place too. Thanks Loggan08

My thoughts Muci...

I host a forum here : https://mobasuite.com/forum/

Be kind to fellow members.

Hey Loggan08!

Thanks for that bud, I’ll take a look and join up... I’m always kind to fellow members, especially retro roamers, the projects and preservation mind-set is awesome, been into it for years myself.. Just catching up on things… bit out of date!  Tnxs Logan….

@mucci

No way was i suggesting RR change direction!!! No way!! Retro Roms is awesome just as is.. I would love to know who done the logo tho :) Should be credited!!! Any retro logo that features Bub and bob gets my vote !!! :)

irc is great, me and old-time friends use it.

I'm not even a privacy-nut at the very least, but Discord worries me:

x it's a huge non-open source app - who knows what kinda holes are in the system.

-> a friend has demonstrated this by remotely opening notepad on my system with a funny message in it using one of these holes.

x they log your processes and transfer that info back to their servers

+ more things I can't really talk about.  that's all.

you are right Dink, I know. It is indeed not the same as IRC running on "private" server. Yes Discord can read/scan everything on a server/channel and it is closed software .....

But I think and see that "more" people are joining discord because it is easier for them with different devices to join......it would be only for chatting, get in contact with others, only having fun.

Discord link is now available

@Mucci where i can find the link ?

check the above menus -> on the right side

Forums  ›  RetroRoms  ›  Feedback