Forums  ›  Emulators: Mame  ›  TechTips

Having weird issues with :Jetwave and Midnight Run

Out of all the games MAME supports I find myself having issues getting either Jetwave or Midnight Run to load from USB stick.
If run from desktop , I can get Jetwave to load, Midnight Run locks up on Initialization screen.

From USB Jetwave won't load either...

I have had no other issues in 9,000+ rom sets other than these two games..
Tried
- Removing NV/CFG and any other files attached to game roms.
- Roms pass audit
- Changed GFX input to make sure it not a DX issue.
- Checked for corrupt ini files
- Running Game in window/fullscreen
- USB is not fragmented / has no errors

I even created a new MAME folder just to test from C:, Jetwave loads... Argh!
Midnight run still locks up....
I even copied the ini/cfg files that it created on C: to the usb, and I get same results...
Now am I the only one having issues with these games?

I am now scratching my head, trying to figure out wth is wrong...
Any ideas?

Just a quick top of me head thoughts, could be speed of the your USB drive/interface? USB 2 OR 3 interface? USB drivers for usb interface borked? USB curruption issues? read/write issues regarding USB interface? If you are using a USB stick... try a USB hard drive see if you get same results?  Some usb stick are seen as removable media instead of HD and can cause strange problems... Just a few thoughts, could be completly wrong,,, Oh... one last thing, check your USB stick for file system errors... using chkdsk c:/v on cmd (assuming windows) (replace c with drive drive letter of your usb stick) it could have soft or hard file/bad sectors that cause the game stored in those locations on the stick to crash upon loading..

I did think about this as an issue, as the stick is USB2... However, even the CHD's all load fine, it's just the 2 games out of 9K of em..
One reason i am scratching head, not like the games are that big...
But thanks for advice. I'll drop the files on an external Harddisk drive in morning and test

Thanks

midnight run is roms, they load into ram before the game runs.

so maybe your romset is incomplete or corrupt.

try running it from commandline "mame64 midnightrun" or whatever its called.

then when it fails you will see the reason given in the error.

I've had problems with both of them & what I had to do is just keep trying as they get stuck on initialize so i deleted nvram & kept trying until it worked.i also turned off cheats & deleted cfg & ini files.