Forums  ›  Emulators: Others  ›  General

FB Neo status?

For me is not clear how does it work. The old FBA is dead, right? Why is FB Neo not releasing a build officially ..as 0.2.97.44/45/46..? Does all user must compile it themselves? (Im using now the compiles from EmuCR,com).

Can't compile it with GCC, maybe trying to compile it with VS.

and 1 more question: Why is only 1 dat generated for NES -> its has folder for NES and nes_hb.......Are you copying the HB-files manually to this folder?

Some emulators hosted on github already stop doing official releases (like desmume) , since they use appvoyer to test, compile and make the artifacts available.

You can download the latest fbn compiled exes from this link in the artifacts section https://ci.appveyor.com/project/tmaul/fbneo-kbhgd

You can also using the latest build through retroarch. 

About the FBA it's dead since the capcom home arcade drama, the majority of FBA devs already moved to FBN.

Personally I use the homebrews nes roms inside the nes folder, you can put them where you want ;) 

Hi Mucci,

I hope we can make an official release soon. We had some chatting few weeks ago about a first FBNeo release.

Actually it is really hard to find a date when all devs will be ready because of our respective plannings which are not the same for all the devs.

Here is a link to the tools i use to compile FBNeo with GCC :

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgATuXl_wRw3ghbYZX4rwakx2UQb?e=YtNxIT

You have to put mingw-mkdir.exe and nasm.exe in folder Mingw/Bin (in C:\ for me).

Donwload latest source and don't forget to set environment path for Mingw

Then in the windows command prompt type: make mameingw

For me it is :

C:\fbn_src_029744\make mamemingw

Best regards,

JacKc

@JacKC

Do you know anything of the userbase ?, If Windows is the more popular options, then I could compile a VC build and host it on my server.

Currently it seems that the releases are of type "rolling-release", also x64 could be a better option nowdays.

thanks for the answer, with that "message" I can live ;-)

I was thinking about to replace @RR our FBA folder with FBneo, thats why I have asked about an official build from time to time. It is easier to update the folder with an official build than with a "compiled" build each day ...... ;-)

And yes I saw the automated compiles @appveyor -> sorry 32bit.....tststst...and those 32-bit are complaing on my PC about DirectX ......the 64-bit versions from emucr.com does work for me (no directX failures).

I have tried to compile it in the past once with the MAME package, but it has failed with errors. And sorry the web thread @neo-source.com was not a really help.

My idea was to use the package, download my "script" and compiles FBNeo easily (as I do it with MAME/HBMAME/ARCADE/MAMEui/MESSui) .......I will try it again with your package, thanks JackC.

@Mucci

Good luck, hopefully we can see an updated folder here at RR

With the help from JackC Im trying to compile FBNeo myself.

Compile-Script progress so far:

- done: download the FBNeo source local

- done: update FBNeo source local

- done: compile x32 build

- done: compile x64 build

- done: display changes in the source (Commits)

to do:

- compile normal build (not debug)

- clean "mode"

- testing testing

Thanks Mucci, being able to compile your own build is needed; sometimes the build by appveyor has errors.

eg. In Appveyor's build d2106b0 the config ini was corrupted.

Final compile script is here : https://neo-source.com/index.php?topic=3702.0