Forums  ›  RetroRoms  ›  Feedback

Download limited to 20 files?

Hello guys,

I am a bit confused by the download limit: as far as I can see on the account details, the download limit for a standard account is 100 files within 24 hours, which is usually what I get when I don't upgrade my account. However, I sometimes get blocked after just 20 files (for example, today). I didn't download any files yesterday, so I would have thought I could download up to 100 today.

There may be a logical explanation to this, but I would like to know a bit more, because I am concerned someone else may be logging in my account and using my allowance (I did change my password once or twice, but this keeps happening).

I sometimes upgrade to get 500 files per day, but now I am worried that somebody would steal my allowance, so I would like to get this clear before going ahead...

I could find no activity history (is it available somewhere?), otherwise I would check by myself before bothering you guys.

Thanks!

I am a bit confused by the download limit: as far as I can see on the account details, the download limit for a standard account is 100 files within 24 hours, which is usually what I get when I don't upgrade my account. However, I sometimes get blocked after just 20 files (for example, today). I didn't download any files yesterday, so I would have thought I could download up to 100 today.

Hey Bud,

only one can help you with your problem.
He is the admin of this page. His name is: czokie

Write a PM to him: https://www.retroroms.info/czokie

I think he can help you.

Cheers

We live in a global world. When does a day start and end? Depends on where you live. Rather than come up with time zone specific calculations, the system is pretty simple. It looks at what you did in the preceding 24 hours. But, that may include "yesterday" for your timezone. Lets say you downloaded 180 files before midnight, and a few hours later, you downloaded 20 more. That'd be 200 files in the last 24 hours. Its that simple.

Hi Czokie,

Thanks for replying on this thread. I did think about time zones, but it's not it. Last time I am sure I had downloaded no files in the previous days, so it couldn't be me. Is there a log somewhere that I can check?

Thanks

...or even an indicator of how many files I have downloaded/can still download in the current 24 hours frame? That would be useful.

Forums  ›  RetroRoms  ›  Feedback