Forums  ›  RetroRoms  ›  Feedback

Connect from home not work

As in subject.. I suppose my public ip is banned... because opening the site not works... using my phone connection or work connection it works.

can someone check please? 185.178.95.254

As in subject.. I suppose my public ip is banned... because opening the site not works... using my phone connection or work connection it works.

can someone check please? 185.178.95.254

You might want to contact your office security department. Either your office has been hacked, or you have a staff member who is a spammer.

Go to https://www.stopforumspam.com/search and put the IP in the box. That IP has been used to submit spam twice to two other websites (not us). The most recent one was less than a month ago. While you see only the two entries listed, it is more than likely that a hacked system has spammed tens of thousands more sites that dont have spam protection.

But calling your IT security people might be a bit awkward. "Hey. I want to use some game site, but we're blocked. Can you fix it?"

Seriously. Its a third party list, and you'll need to get your people talking to StopForumSpam if you believe it is a false positive. We can't remove the block from here.

Thanks for your reply, but.. I'm a simple end user that from home use his connectivity to connect to internet. My provider (fibracity) nat all (or most of them) end user connection to a unique public ip. So that ip can be at the same time assigned to more people. So this kind of "firewalling" connection also block who that not spam or do malicious activites.

I'm also a sysadmin for my work and my intent is to have some entertainment at home, in fact I have also paid my share to have a higher level of download and I certainly have no malicious intentions.

I write to them to try to be delisted.. I hope to be lucky..

If your provider uses CGNAT, like you say, then you have to ask your provider to give you a private IP address.

If your provider uses CGNAT, like you say, then you have to ask your provider to give you a private IP address.

Is not simple as you think. In my local area (not Italy, but where I live in Italy) where I live there are poor connections and providers use this tecnology and cannot be changed. So that is not a possible feature request. 

CGNAT has the same problems with poor connections as a public IP address has, so that's not the reason they're using it.
Have you asked them to give you a private IP address?

You'll need another IP that's not blocked by a spam filter. Maybe a VPN is a solution?

CGNAT has the same problems with poor connections as a public IP address has, so that's not the reason they're using it.
Have you asked them to give you a private IP address?

You'll need another IP that's not blocked by a spam filter. Maybe a VPN is a solution?

I know, but there is used where are poor connection. In my area all providers use it; and is not an option change, because where I live i can change the type of connection; my service provider, and other, offers only this kind of this connection. If I live in another area, perhaps I can ask another type, but here no.

But in retrosospect, if the block is only IP based, as far I'm seeing, also if I get personal dynamic public IP, I can encouter an IP in the black list ad cannot surf on the sites using this filter. Probably the logic of the filter should be more complex rather than only IP addess.

Using a VPN is also an additional cost for who need to surf where the filter is on. So these site is to game and not a business function, and I not pay also for that.

My initial post was to know why I found this "block" and I thank czokie for the answer. I've asked a delisting to who manage this list, and if Iwill not delisted, I will use my 4g phone connection for my download.

sad to hear, but maybe you can use OPERA browser which has a build-in free VPN option .....have not tried it myself.

sad to hear, but maybe you can use OPERA browser which has a build-in free VPN option .....have not tried it myself.

Thanks Mucci, I really appreciate all admins effort! I'll give a look to Opera browser when come back to home today.

Just a little update. Opera works like a charm! Thank a lot @Mucci for the idea!

Forums  ›  RetroRoms  ›  Feedback