Forums  ›  Emulators: Mame  ›  General

CHD Update Help

Downloaded 0.214 romset and had some CHDs for previous versions. Running clrmamepro tells me the CHD is  the wrong version (4 should be 5). I was trying to download the newest CHD from BDA but I don't believe I know how to use it. The CHD has 2 parts and I'm not sure how to combine? Is this done in clrmame?

I feel pretty confident I am able to locate all the CHDs I need even for other Roms... I guess I am just lost on the multiple part downloads. Was looking all around and can't really find how. Sorry to bug.

Street Fighter III 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future (Euro 990608) [folder: sfiii3 - size: 512kb]

required chd version mismatch: cap-33s-2.chd [found version: 4] [required version: 5]

wrong chd sha1: cap-33s-2.chd [wrong: 41b0e246db91cbfc3f8f0f62d981734feb4b4ab5] [right: 5a090956fc6d68e496ac42854199059898f2fe16]

unneeded diskimage: C:\Users\liqor\Desktop\0.214 Mame Roms\ROMs\sfiii3\cap-33s-2.chd

The version 4 chd should work just fine. The newer version should not effect gameplay. (Only metadata I think, sorry if I'm wrong on this one...)

It would also be a lot easier just to update it with chdman.exe.

Also it appears to only be a 60mb file so it shouldn't be a multi-part file.

I'm pretty sure CMP doesn't do spanned files. There should only be the .chd & the romset .7z

Hope that helps...GL

The CHD is inside the rar files.

Download all the part.rar files of a CHD and then extract part1.rar with eg. Winrar or 7-zip,

You'll need a bit of command line knowledge to use chdman to convert the CHD version.
Not sure if you're up to that, seeing that you're new to rar files.

The command is: chdman copy -i cap-sf3-3.chd -o new_cap-sf3-3.chd

But like Bad_A_Billy said, Mame currently still works with v4 CHDs.

You can also change or disable the version checking in Clrmamepro if it bothers you.

Settings → Compressor → CHDMan

Req. CHD 5 → change to 4 if you only have version 4 CHDs.

Or uncheck: List CHD version mismatches during scan if you have mixed CHD versions.

The CHD is inside the rar files.

Download all the part.rar files of a CHD and then extract part1.rar with eg. Winrar or 7-zip,

You'll need a bit of command line knowledge to use chdman to convert the CHD version.
Not sure if you're up to that, seeing that you're new to rar files.

The command is: chdman copy -i cap-sf3-3.chd -o new_cap-sf3-3.chd

But like Bad_A_Billy said, Mame currently still works with v4 CHDs.

I'm aware the CHD is inside the compressed file, not new to rar. However in the case of this chd, the two downloadable parts contain the same filename so when I extract to the same folder it wants to replace the other part.

Unless I am downloading from the wrong spot?

mame/CHDs_temp/sfiii/

Like I said: download all the parts and then extract part1.rar with eg. Winrar or 7-zip.

There's no need to extract all parts.

required chd version mismatch: cap-33s-2.chd [found version: 4] [required version: 5]

You can view, verify and update the version from 4 to 5 with "CHDman FE v1.01".
It is easy to use.

download from Progetto-Snaps Homepage CHDman FE v1.01

cheers laughing