Forums  ›  Emulators: Mame  ›  Frontend

Arcade64 .225 / Video Settings Reset?

I was playing around with some of the vector games settings and really screwed something up. Tempest will not show anything but black screen and Star Wars has gone all white. Anyone know of a reset or proper video settings for Arcade64? I did delete the INI files that were created hoping to default back. Any help...thx in adv.

Not sure this is the answer, but there are two "mame.ini" files.  One in the root directroy and the other in the "ini" directory. 

At least on my .228 install.

Might be something inside the "gui" folder too.

See here for a precise order for ini loading:   https://docs.mamedev.org/advanced/multiconfig.html

There is a gamename.ini in the INI folder for the game name. There is also a vecter.ini under the presets folder & you may have 

another under the source folder if you created one for that source tree(i.e. starwars.ini or tempest.ini - Those 2 just happen to have

the same names as the source...) It could be in any one of those that you made your mistake or if the doesn't fix it, there could be

another hidden somewhere else-see loading order from above.

GL!

I seen the 2 individual INI files for the games only and deleted them. Still happening. I'll dig into the 2nd mame.ini and make sure that is not giving me issues.

I try to update every 5 releases so all the updates sit in folders til im ready on my arcade machine. Thank you for your help, hope it works.

silly thought, change the video mode in options to OpenGL from Auto or DirectX
Try now

I'm having issues with DirectX in MAME/ARCADE since last Win10 community update BS...
OpenGL Works fine

I have tried but it never came back. I updated to .228 and some of the new features i did not ever see before has helped.

I had to slowly reset every game but, for some reason things just work better overall. Getting a spinner to work well with racing games are all over the board. From digital sensitivity to sensitivity. Next I wish I someone made a digital changing 4 way stick to and 8 way stick by pushing a button.