Forums  ›  Emulators: Mame  ›  General

SL Folder

Hello Emu-Fans,

i don´t understand the meaning of the SL-Folder. What to do with? How implementing it in mame?

and where can i get the whole set?

Maybe anybody can help me or have an instruction manual

Thank you very much

Greetings

futuremame 

Prior to MAME v0.162, MAME had a sister application called MESS (the Multi Emulator Super System) which attempted to do for Consoles, Computers and Handheld devices what MAME was doing for Arcade Machines. Version 0.162 saw these two applications merged into a single app dropping the MESS name in the process.

If you are emulating a console or a computer you will need software to put into it. That is what Software lists are for. They are a curated list of the available software for an emulated (formally MESS) system core.

The updated 0.193 Software List ROMs and Software List CHDs can be found on Pleasuredome, the link is in 'SITES' above.

The 0.193 SL roms are about 55 GB in total size, the SL CHDs are 1.88 TB.

Hello Perkele,

thank you for your answer. i read about mess.

It´s a big projekt on its own, i think. If i decide to do, where to place the roms and chd´s in the mame folder structure and is somthing more to do (except loading down terrabyts of files) ??

Greetings

futuremame

The size of a full set of software list images is 1.94 Tb

You can find older software list images, 0.149 and 0.151 here

https://archive.org/

Otherwise you you can go to Pleasuredome

http://pleasuredome.org.uk/

But they require you seed their torrents for a 2 to 1 and the size would have you seeding for a long time.

But they require you seed their torrents for a 2 to 1 and the size would have you seeding for a long time.

The requirement is a 1.00 ratio, not 2.00 as you claim.

Besides, the Software Lists are set to FREE so they don't even count.

Several years ago I ha an account there and was seeding some visual pinball files.

I had a ratio of 1.5 to 1 going when I left for the Christmas holiday, when I got back the power went out, so I went back on to Plesuredome I was put on a shit list and no longer had access. I took it as they were upset I didn't give a 2 to 1 ratio, or they were trying get me to be a paid member. Ether way, I haven't been back since.

There is and never was a paid membership there.

Thank you for you help!

Greetings

futuremame