Forums  ›  Emulators: Mame  ›  General

Rom manager

Ciao!

Please help me. When I use clrpro to rearrange the roms, this does a great job but delete SL rom ....
As a source for clrpro I use mame64.exe
How should I do to have the mame complete even with the rom of the console?

Here is the online manual for clrmamepro

http://www.mameworld.info/easyemu/clrmameguide/clrmame-guide.html

Using mameui64 for you source is fine. When it ask to use software list, I prefer not to. The paths i use is roms path, sample path and add path. I prefer to have a merged set for the smaller size it uses. Software lists I do separately using the xml files found in the hash. When a new version is released. I will delete the old hash folder and replace it with the new release. Sometimes the names will be changed or one consolidated and one removed.

With software list, each xml file will have a folder with the same name so that the roms that particular software list romset will be located in. With clrmamero, I select add dat and select the xml file found in the hash directory for the set I want to manage. The rom path will be the folder of the where the roms are located with the same name as the xml file. The add path the other path set too. The software list romsets I use non merged sets since some of the sets have same named roms and merged sets will have problems with these couple if sets.

When a new version get the needed files from the mega link posted on this site. With the software lists, I will go thru all the romsets every couple of releases. Last one I did was 0.190 the next time i will do this is 0.195. What I do is from the new software list I downloaded from mega are the only ones I process. The last release had 474 software list sets. To do the entire thing takes about a week. Otherwise when a new version comes out I can finish it in a day.

My son set me up with a dedicated server that I can remote in and manage everything, so I no longer will worry about losing everything. There's a full set on this server and a backup on two usb drives.

The folders I use is as follows.

Z:\mame                  Location of mame ad support folders.

Z:\mame\roms         Location of rom sets

Z:\mame\samples   Location of samples

Z:\mame\sl-roms     Location of software list rom sets consisting of 474 folders

With mameui, in the settings with directories, add the path sl-roms so the entry will read oms,sl-roms. Then there will be no problems. If you'd double click on a software list rom for say, a counsel system like nes. it will load and run that in the proper emulator with no other needed steps.  Do the same thing for arcade and messui if you use these.

With the software lists, I will go thru all the romsets every couple of releases. Last one I did was 0.190 the next time i will do this is 0.195. What I do is from the new software list I downloaded from mega are the only ones I process. The last release had 474 software list sets. To do the entire thing takes about a week. Otherwise when a new version comes out I can finish it in a day.

You can batch run those 474 xml/dat-files and let Clrmamepro rebuild/fix the sets automatically.
Depending on the speed of your hard drive, rebuilding the entire 'thing' then takes hours, not a week and you don't even have to interact. An update can be done in less than an hour.

I have written also some "how-to" with CLRMAMEPro in my guide @www.mameguide.info

Thanks for your help.
Is it possible to find these batch files ready? Maybe even with the Rom of mame all in one? For example mame192-rom-sl dat / xml. This is because otherwise it is not possible to use the cmpro scanner function for the final check. Everything would be cleaner and safer than the mame collection is complete.
Ciao.

Well creating a batch file is an option, been awhile but may give it a try.

I could also do by using software lists. The problem there is I'd have to edit each folder path in the settings menu.

screen.png83.5K6 views

I know how the folders of the Software Lists look; I have those too.

You don't need to create a batch file or change the rom path for each software list.
You can load all the xml/dats of SL at once in Clrmamepro and then let it run a rebuild on all the loaded xml/dats, that's called a batch run.

See page 305 and up of Mucci's excellent guide, of which a link was posted in this thread.

I waited for the release of 0.193 to figure out batch run.

The  only thing that bothers me is for ZX Specrum Disk Images.

The xml file is specpls3_flop.xml and the folder is spectrum_flop

Idk why they used a different name for the xml, but it gets the folder name from the 8th line in that xml:

<softwarelist name="spectrum_flop" description="ZX Spectrum disk images">

Guess tat;s the only one where the path is set in ml file.

All I did was rename the folder.

The pain in the butt with release was downloading from mega.

All my emulator stuff I have on a server and virtual machine to access it remotely.

Took 3 days to get it.

Screenshot of virtual machine on my phone

This is a screenshot f the virtual machine from my phone.

The path is set in all xml files, that's what an xml is for. It's just the only one that has a different name.

Use Megadownloader to download from Mega and it won't take 3 days to get an update.