Forums  ›  Emulators: Mame  ›  General

Revolution X for mame gun not working

So I got Revolution X for the mame and I am using the Mame 0.194 emulator (from mamedev). I have had this in the past with older versions of the Mame emulator and the crosshairs would show up and I would use the mouse to shoot. But now, the crosshairs wont show up and I cant set the player 1 buttons to the mouse. I set the mouse to be the thing to use for light gun games in the main menu area for the emulator. Almost all of my other light gun shooter games work and will allow me to set the buttons for the mouse and the crosshairs will show up (with the exception of one other game and Revolution X). 

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

Revolution X isn't a light gun game; I can use the cursor keys in Mame 0.194 to move the cross hair after calibration.

Is the other game Terminator 2? Because that also isn't a light gun game.

Well thanks for responding. In the past I could use the mouse, but now I cant. Any idea why? And maybe its not a light gun game, but its a shooting game and it had a mounted gun right on the machine. So on the mame I could use the mouse and a crosshair would come up, but its not that way now.

Have you tried to extract Mame 0.194 in a new folder and not on top of the old version?

Because it works here, using keys or mouse.