Forums  ›  Romz  ›  InSearchOf

Missing a few ROMs, please help

Hello everyone, I'm trying to complete, or come close to completing a 181 MAME set, and the files that keep coming up in the audits are:

315-6301.ic11

317-0364-com.pic

317-0422-jpn.pic

I'm a little new at trying to figure out MAME romsets but they appear to be mostly NAOMI games. I've tried downloading NAOMI bios from multiple places, as well as the segadimm, but I just can't find these files. Any help would be much appreciated!

Quote by SupraKarma

Hello everyone, I'm trying to complete, or come close to completing a 181 MAME set, and the files that keep coming up in the audits are:

315-6301.ic11

317-0364-com.pic

317-0422-jpn.pic

I'm a little new at trying to figure out MAME romsets but they appear to be mostly NAOMI games. I've tried downloading NAOMI bios from multiple places, as well as the segadimm, but I just can't find these files. Any help would be much appreciated!

One of your missings is a nodump, two of your missings are here: http://bda.retroroms.info/downloads/mame/currentroms/segadimm.zip

It's easier for someone to fill your missings when you also post the CRC of each file. Or post a fixdat file.

In this case, since one was a nodump, you would have noticed that when you looked for the CRCs in your .dat or .xml file.

If the files in the ROMset from the BDA I posted don't fill your missings, there may have been a rename that occurred between 0.181 and 0.182.  In that case, you will have to make your request with the CRC values included in order to get what you are missing.

Thanks for your help. I was just using MAMEUI64's built in audit function to try to figure things out. I take it everyone typically uses CLRMAMEpro to do things.

I downloaded it and tried to use it, but I found the interface to be very unintuitive (no disrespect to the developers as I'm sure it is a powerful tool once understood). It gave me an error about system default paths, so I had it auto-assign paths. I then tried to do a new scan, and it gave me this:

You're using SysDefPath options and at least one software list path is not unique!

Software list paths have to be unique and cannot be shared with others.

The paths for the following systems are affected:

(then a long list of roms and their paths)

I'm not sure exactly what I'm expected to do here... am I supposed to make folders for each individual ROM in the list that it generates? That seems a little ridiculous and tedious. MAME doesn't need me to do that to run the games. I don't understand why I can't just put everything in one big folder and be done with it, and what advantages there are to doing things any other way.

I'll do some googling and see what I can find in the way of documentation... but I'm only missing about 250 games and I'm not sure if I'm up for 8 hours of research, trial and error. I'm not good at this stuff. Once I have my 181 set I'll be quite happy.

Quote by SupraKarma :

Thanks for your help. I was just using MAMEUI64's built in audit function to try to figure things out. I take it everyone typically uses CLRMAMEpro to do things.

I downloaded it and tried to use it, but I found the interface to be very unintuitive (no disrespect to the developers as I'm sure it is a powerful tool once understood). It gave me an error about system default paths, so I had it auto-assign paths. I then tried to do a new scan, and it gave me this:

You're using SysDefPath options and at least one software list path is not unique!

Software list paths have to be unique and cannot be shared with others.

The paths for the following systems are affected:

(then a long list of roms and their paths)

I'm not sure exactly what I'm expected to do here... am I supposed to make folders for each individual ROM in the list that it generates? That seems a little ridiculous and tedious. MAME doesn't need me to do that to run the games. I don't understand why I can't just put everything in one big folder and be done with it, and what advantages there are to doing things any other way.

I'll do some googling and see what I can find in the way of documentation... but I'm only missing about 250 games and I'm not sure if I'm up for 8 hours of research, trial and error. I'm not good at this stuff. Once I have my 181 set I'll be quite happy.

If you want to know the finer points of using clrmamepro, check the clrmamepro forums.  There is a link to the clrmamepro webpage in clrmamepro's help/about screen.

Having a bunch of paths is not what you need if you are just playing arcade games in MAMEUI64.  If I were you, I would go back to the basic configuration.

clrmamepro can be overkill for what you are trying to do.  There are other ROM managers out there.  Have you ever heard of ROMVault?  There are a couple of videos on it's website that you can watch to figure out how to use it.  http://www.romvault.com/

Of course, there is popular guide to MAME, which includes a guide to using clrmamepro, created by Mucci, that you probably should take a look at before giving up on clrmamepro.  http://www.mameguide.info/

Thank you, I'll definitely check it out.

HELLO 

IF SOMEONE CAN HELP I CAN NOT FIND THIS FILE  315-6301.ic11 no good dump known  https://prnt.sc/v20bi4

1.jpg237.9K6 views

Some things that might have tripped you up:MAME will show a lot of games as "available" that aren't really. I think they mean "compatible" more than "available" here. You can run MAME with the name of a ROM to start right into that game, or fail immediately if it isn't presentYou might start with one of the n the MAME website, since those are pretty much guaranteed to work. Files you find on ROM sites are a bit more suspectFor some games (like Street Fighter 3 Third Strike), a .CHD file is required in addition to the ROM. There are rules about where this CHD file lives, you can readNeoGeo games (Like King of Fighters '97) require neogeo.zip in your roms folder, but it seems like you've done that already.Note that MAME is very picky about ROM file names - they must match exactly what MAME expects them to be. If you've renamed the files, or they downloaded with the wrong names, you'll need to fix them. mame -listfull can tell you the game name and the expected ROM name that matches, although you'll probably want to pipe this to grep or similar due to the large number of supported ROMs. For more info. best PSX roms

can some one find missing file for dinos280 cdes 280.5f please for hbmame 0.226 thanks

Just to add toward the excellent posts above, i would suggest learning how to use romvault, it is so well worth the effort.  In my view romvault has started coming into its own in recent months and is an absolute joy to use and very easy when you get your head around it!!!

ClrMAMEPro is just as good but i think is for advanced users.....

Forums  ›  Romz  ›  InSearchOf